Smile Electrical Engineer Says Hi

Hello Friends,
    I fall into that dreaded category of DIY. Mostly, I find myself on the receiving end of very poor service and want to learn more about diagnosing faults before calling the professional. As you all know U-toob is full of HVAC screw-ups and nightmares and I've experienced my share of them. I honor those who take the time to do it right, take pride in their work and get the job done. I just have to find out who you are!

Reality is that the HVAC business is locked up tight. I cannot get word one from an HVAC parts supplier, nor am I allowed to purchase parts from most sources. Sometimes this is a good thing for everyone's safety. Sometimes it is just downright silly. So, I will be interested in reading the info on the forum. Thanks for having me around.

Gentleman Pete

you are an elecrical engineer who wants to learn hvac diy? that's two strikes right there. just kidding. you won't get a lot of diy answer's here, this is a non- diy site. your best bet is to read the old threads and learn the best you can. good luck.

Dear professional member,

I congratulate you on your obvious achievements in the HVAC field. Thank you for making my point. I design the multimeters that you use to diagnose system faults in your daily work. While it doesn't qualify me in the HVAC field, I might have the occasion to offer my perspective now and again. Mainly, I'll be happy to learn a few things from the experienced members of the forum, such as yourself.

Gentleman Pete

i was not looking to offend you. please don't think that. it was all in fun. get your post count up so you can apply for pro. this place is full of info and a couple guy's even know what they are talking about.lol.

welcome to our little world

there's a contractor map somewhere on the main page, see if anyone is near you??? since that profile is sparse

Injunear, there are several on here, some even know what they're talking about
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.