I have a Rheem HVAC unit and it has stopped working. The flame does not light when power is applied to the system.

The unit has a Direct Spark Ignition Control (Part # G766BCA-1) and the LED lights for about 30 Seconds once power is restored to the system and then goes completely off. There are no on/off cycles present or flashing of the LED during this process.

Can anyone please advise me as to where to start first?

Thanks

You really need to start with your Yellow Pages. There is nothing in the ignition control that can be serviced by the homeowner.

This isn't the time or place to learn DIY heating.

Direct Spark Ignition Control

Not trying to learn DIY Heating, Just curious as to if the Direct Spark is showing these symptomes, Is it the DSIC Module or could it be the coil.

Thanks

4. Originally posted by jrbenny
    You really need to start with your Yellow Pages. There is nothing in the ignition control that can be serviced by the homeowner.

This isn't the time or place to learn DIY heating.
    He's right. You really don't want to blow your house up right before Christmas would you?? Sure would wreck the holidays...

If there is no spark, it may have not gotten that far in the sequence of operation. Several things have to happen first before the spark even starts.

I know you think were all in this together but we have virtually no technical information and as you may have guessed, there are rules we have to stick to here.

Mod01 Guest

Thumbs up

You've received as much information as will be provided on this forum.

This is not a DIY site. Due to the site rules, we are unable to provide step-by-step troubleshooting procedures. Please respect our site rules.

It's time to call a pro.

Thanks, Mod01.