Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechmp3 View Post

this could also be fun, almost like a crash course to see if it is something i really am interested in. i have looked into the epa testing requirements, and it doesnt seem too tough to me...after graduating from Georgia Tech, I am pretty proficient with studying and taking tests.
    Please contain your tinkerings to your own equipment so you don't include others when something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gatechmp3 View Post
    i have also thought about taking some basic hvac classes at the local community college, just to get my feet wet a bit...are the classes worth taking?
    I walked out of one of these classes. I was 19 and taking classes concurrent with on the job training.

The instructor put a wiring diagram on the board and started to walk us through it. When I pointed out that it was a dead short, he told me I didn't know what I was talking about.

I left.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    The instructor put a wiring diagram on the board and started to walk us through it. When I pointed out that it was a dead short, he told me I didn't know what I was talking about.
    I left.
    Having been in school more than a couple of times, I know that sometimes you get a lousy instructor. That sucks if you're really there to learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12