Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by jrbenny
    Not that I really want to associate myself with the cheese steak ho , but Robin's dead nuts on this one.
    He gets lucky every once in a while.

Originally posted by jultzya
    Originally posted by jrbenny
    Not that I really want to associate myself with the cheese steak ho , but Robin's dead nuts on this one.
    He gets lucky every once in a while.
    You're damned straight I got lucky with OutsideRep bringing me a cheesesteak sub yesterday.

OH! You mean about the LP low pressure thingy. Yea, well, I read a book somewhere about this stuff.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

In 6 years in this business I've seen dozens of runouts and never any sooting while lighting the pilots or checking the lightoff while resetting the switch. Maybe theres a problem you're seeing with the installation of the regulator sizing, tank sizing or pipe sizing. If I ever see a problem with sooting I will change my tune. But until then...
    Is there a certain "type or brand" you are seeing this problem? Are you certain it is because of a runout?
    I am a tech not an owner. So I have nothing to gain by lying. If sooting due to runouts were an issue my job would just get a whole lot worse. Leak checks would turn into a furnace cleaning. If that happens, I'll rethink this trade.
    The only time I have seen sooting is on impinging pilots due to not being cleaned for many years. Also decorative appliances with the flame adjustment too high or cross contamination.

Mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12