I'm looking to purchase/have installed a Trane XV90. The sales person was looking carefully where to run the air in/exhaust line(s) (not sure if these are the correct terms). Because of an electrical meter, ductwork from the furnace, water faucet, clothes dryer vent, and where there was some hope, our windows in our kitchen where he thought the exhaust would be to close.

To make a long story short, he felt the best place to run the lines were on the other side of the cellar and out. The run would be quite long (approx 25-30FT) to the outdoors. He seemed to being very careful and mentioned about calculations that determined the width of the pipe he has to run based on length, how many elbows, the rise necessary, etc.

Bottom line question....does this length of run effect the efficiency or any element of the operation of the xv90 versus a shorter run?

Senior Tech Guest
    As long as the length doe's not exceed the maximum length in the installers guide it will be fine. Length doe's not affect efficiency as long as it's kept within the parameters of the guide.

No

How many BTU? On the 60k, you can go up to 200'

Good to see that the dealer is taking his time to check on venting.

i personally have been told length doesn't matter........i concur.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!