Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dolly questions...

I know that we all fight moving condensers back and forth, but does anyone have any tips or tricks they would like to share? Any dolly configerations that work great?

J

Maybe I should say, "Hand Truck" for you guys that don't play with dollies!

I just have a 4 wheel moving dolly from Graingers with a 1,200 lb capacity that I strap what ever on to then lay our plywood to roll it to where ever it's suppose to go. Ya gotta make sure the item is strapped really good to the dolly though.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I get the other guy to move the condenser when I am playing with the evap coil.....
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Hand truck, 2 guys. 1 pulling, 1 pushing
    http://acfwb.com/

"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"

I have used two regular inflatable tire dollies before. I strapped one laying down to the one I used to pull making a 4 wheel cart. Looked like hell but worked great at the time.

Another good dolly for evaps is a regular wide base solid wheel furniture dolly with the strap tensioner and step/stairs belt wheel thing.. don't know what it is actually called.

My friend has a dolly that has a fold out piece on his that works great for huge boxes. I am thinking about fabricating something like that with a detachable wide axle for those rough or slanted yards that you have to wrestle the condenser to keep it from turning over. I don't have room to carry a regular 4 wheel cart.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Hmm How about a 6 ton water to water

How do you get a 5 or 6 ton Packaged Geothermal Unit or even water to water down the steps??????????/ Or UP the steps???????

We need a stair climber.

Stop by the local big box hardware and load up a van full of illegals? LOL
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Rcb2875 View Post
    Stop by the local big box hardware and load up a van full of illegals? LOL
    LOL I'm illegal, and I resemble that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    LOL I'm illegal, and I resemble that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

I use an inflatable tire dolly... and always strap the unit to the dolly. It is amazing how much easier it is to move something when it is strapped... rather than wobbling.

The inflatable tires seem to walk over bumps and ridges a lot easier than the solid ones... they are well worth the extra $$$ and hassle. I bought two replacement wheels (tire, tube, rim... just slide on and set the cotter pin) at HD this Spring for $19.95 each... they are fine.

On a job a few weeks ago... the flat roof was only 3 ft above a landscape ridge. I found two guys that wanted an extra $20 each... and the 3 of us hefted the new unit up and the old unit down. A lot better than well over a C note for a crane. NOTE: This job was one where it was safe to do this... few are (safe to do this).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

@ ga-hvac-tech

Were they illegals?? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast