Thread: condensation pump for new furnace/ac?

Post Likes
    I'm in the process of getting quotes on a trane XV90 High efficiency gas hot air furnace and a 13 seer trane AC. The sales person mentioned installing a pump that takes away the excess condensation that results from the AC operation(and run it thru the sewer PVC pipe in our cellar) ....right now our setup, (in our basement) the installer who installed our current AC just uses PVC pipe and gravity (no pump) to run the condensation in the drain around the basement. While it's probably best to get the water out of the house all together, I'm not really sure if this is necessary for us since we're in the northeast and run the AC approx 2-3 weeks total in a season. He really didn't press it either way and just mentioned it as an option....was wondering what opinions you have on this issue. Thanks.

Post Likes
    getting quotes on a trane XV90 High efficiency gas hot air furnace ... sales person mentioned installing a pump that takes away the excess condensation that results from the AC operation ... not really sure if this is necessary for us since we're in the northeast and run the AC approx 2-3 weeks total in a season.
    If the XV90 will be replacing an older, noncondensing furnace, the change means you will now have a furnace that produces condensate when it runs, as well as the AC condensing water in the summer. So you will be getting water throughout the heating season, not just a few weeks in the summer, and that may be why sales recommended the pump.

Post Likes
    Condensate pumps are realativly inexpensive, it is the solution I would choose.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in