Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goodman had programming problems with some VS boards and motors. See Service bulletin S-210 & S-212 to see if these problems affect your unit.

I just had an Amana AMV9 system installed, same system. The furance is kind of noisey when you run the blower, I had the same complaint. I was told it's normal. I was used to the 36year system they took out, completely silent.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by harvest644
    I just had an Amana AMV9 system installed, same system. The furance is kind of noisey when you run the blower, I had the same complaint. I was told it's normal. I was used to the 36year system they took out, completely silent.

Likely that with a new VS fan,you are now moving the required amount of air,and the old one wasn't.

If you find it noisier in the fan ON position (lower air flow)than the old one,then it may not be setup correctly,or they did somethig with the duct connection differently than the old one.

I had a GMV90 installed and as someone stated earlier
    it's really hard to know if the fan is on in circ mode.
    According to the lit. they left with me the blower is
    56% of the high stage cooling. So maybe that speed is set too high, I think it's set @ 400 CFM/ton. But you experts would know. Either that or the installer didn't do a good job and there's leaks or loose metal. I opened the blower compartment and taped the bottom sheet metal cover that was leaking causing a whistling sound.

I did talk with tech support today,I need to look at the ID sticker inside and go through the dip switch set up for the cooling speed. I may have it set to high the directions are so different than a Trane furnace what I am use to working on.

Originally posted by johnl45
    Goodman had programming problems with some VS boards and motors. See Service bulletin S-210 & S-212 to see if these problems affect your unit.
    Thanks John. This happened while I was out of the country so I was not aware of it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12