Post Likes

Enviro-Tec HLP 40 FCU

I have an Enviro-tech fan coil unit that I am trying to figure out the drain pan situation. These units have oversized insulated drain pans that catch the condensate. But from what I can see the bottom of the coils have a sheet metal covering. This cover has condensate drops all over it on the ends where I can see. Is there supposed to be a hole out in the middle of this cover? Of all of the units that I have looked at, I cant see above the large drain pan and under the coils. These installs are so tight I can't get my head up there and can't see anything with a mirror. I am not removing humidity and I think the condensate is getting blown into the air stream.

Any help appreciated.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Post Likes
    Hi, Just wondering how you solved this problem? I have the same problem with water getting in the air stream with these units.

Post Likes
    What I finally found was there are oblong drain holes in the downstream side of the drain pan that get clogged. Getting to them is another story.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.