Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep - I guess I was just venting --

Thanks for your input.

It does sound like a wiring or set up problem. Too Tall is probably on the right track. We did the same thing on the first duel fuel with a Vision Pro install we did. We just caught it on start-up before we left.

Just tell them to schedule their best tech and owner to come out so you can get it resolved this time. After that if they still can't get it fix you should let them know (in writing) you'll be calling another company out and will be sending them the bill. I bet they will get it fixed.

You’re a contractor, I’m sure you’ve had a job that just didn’t go the way you wanted. Does'nt mean you’re not good, just one of those jobs we all dread.

The vision pro will not kick your gas heat on till below the balance point. Usually 35, it doesn't care if your house is freezing. If the balance point isn't met it won't kick on second stage (gas) unless it's below the balance point or in emergency heat. That's the way honeywell set it up. Yes, it's stupid and diff. than any other dual fuel setup but that's the way it is. Deal w/ it.

Thanks Mech -- That was the confusion some of the other techs were having too. It IS below the balance point.

It was set at 30 degree -- but I kept waking up on 20 degree mornign with nothing running -- the t-stat was trying tohave furnace come on -- but nothing would come on. So I lowered the setpoint down to 20 degreesso that owuld not be a concern anymore. But. less thna 20 degrees is coming soon and I'llwant heat.

Thye could set the balance point higher for the test then lower it. If you are good with techno things you can play with the balance point to see how low you can do without turning on the gas heat.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Yes --- I realize that you can change the balance point -- but only as high as 45 degrees.

Well, went ahead and trouble shooted it myself today after they sent another tech out who said they couldn't figure it out and they were going to install a new thermostat -- must be bad cicuitry. I pulled out the manual and read theough and checked everything . Figured out Furnace was not hooked up to auxillary terminal. Installed jumper between emergency and auxillary posts -- works great.

How much should I make invoice out that I send to company for reembursement?

[Edited by hamons on 11-29-2005 at 12:38 AM]

You nailed it Too Tall Terry! Good job.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Originally posted by hamons
    I pulled out the manual and read theough and checked everything. Figured out Furnace was not hooked up to auxillary terminal. Installed jumper between emergency and auxillary posts -- works great.
    Good job. This just goes to show you how RTFM works every time. Too bad your HVAC contractor's employees didn't know how to read.

If I were you I'd call the owner of the company and volunteer to teach a course in remedial reading...at a reasonable fee such as their current service call rate.

Can't beleive that they came out that many times and no one could read a wiring diagram. These Tstats are as easy as they get. Hate to think if they had to install a fossil fuel kit along with a balancing system or something that required real wiring knowledge. Obviously they have never done a dual fuel setup before. Would have grave reservations about calling this company back if something goes wrong with your system. Might take quite a while to have them fix it. I can see someone making a mistake the first time or even the second time but this is just too much.
    "Go big or Go Home"

I think it had more to do with the fact no one would truly troubleshoot it. They didn't understand the problem enought to know where to look.

I think dual fuel is new to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12