Smoking 3 bone in Pork butts

Smoking the butts tomorrow for my fantasy football draft. I do it every year. big hit. Smoke it for 3 hrs with peach and apple wood and then wrap them in foil and put them in the oven for another 3 hrs. Pull them out and put it in a roaster pan with the brown sugar bath from the smoker and serve with buns or plain or your choice of BBQ sauce. Did I mention I start drinking a little earlier than the others. You have to have a beer in hand when you grill/smoke...its a law or something.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

nothin like a good ol boston butt, my girlfriend thinks when i smoke one its the butt, i try to explain its actually the shoulder but u know how women are.

i like apple wood as well.

i start it off on my gas grill and seer it 5 minutes then turning it 1/4 turn, for a total of 20 minutes, just enough to get a good texture on the skin to hold the juices in good.

then smoke it for about 2 hours at as close to 250* as i can, ive gotten good at loading the right amount of wood and charcoal to maintain a 250 oven temp.

the smoke is all but gone after 2 hours, then i pull it out and wrap it with foil, then cook it at 250* until my thermometer reads about 195, usually another 3-5 hours depending on poundage.

u know its done when the shoulder bone pulls out with very little effort.

i know what im gonna do on my day off tomorrow now lol.

Vett -- Your on it my man! Looks like you have it down packed. Nothing like good ole pulled pork. The boys couldn't get enough in their mouths at one time. The brown sugar idea worked out real good. Nobody even wanted BBQ sauce. Keep on grilling my friend.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Thumbs up

My kind of weekend family get together.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Absolutely f*#@ beautiful AC! I wish I had some pics from the weekend , Another prime example of somebody that knows his way around a fire pit.

Here are some addicted products which are really effect our body and lungs of the human body.
    Smoking
    Alcohol
    Wine