+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Distech issues???

Post Likes

Distech issues???

Lately Ive been have some real head scratchers with my Distech software and I can't be sure but it seems to have started with the recent updates.
    I was thinking it was all windows 7 related but I'm not sure anymore.

First things was I started getting format errors when opening the ECC VAV plug in and couldn't set any parameters, then I was having an issue with a GFX device and couldn't open the browser plug in, then..... each time I open Lonwatcher I'm asked to enter the License key like it is a new instal. I have the licence key but the PC serial number changes each time you reopen. I got a new key from Lonwatcher and the very next time I opened Lonwatcher it did it again.

I am able to access my DB as a lightweight client with another PC but I can't even do back ups.

So tonight I'm working on the other PC with a GFX device and the snvt temps being pushed onto the network are different that what is displayed in the plug in while debugging,

Anyone else having as much fun as I am lately?
    Screenshot of one of the errors attached. Any help is appreciated.

Post Likes
    Hello Wayne

Its Martin from Distech Controls technical support. We have investigated with you that issue yesterday and today along with our developers. we now know that the issue is related to a corrupted LNS catalog files, the format.typ to be more specific. I left you a message on your cell phone and tried to call you 2 other times later but felt on your voice mail. The easiest way to fix that, would be to do a clean re-install of your LNS server which will also re-install the Lonmark Ressource files version 13.000 in its original state. To do so, perform the following steps:

Close Lonwatcher and any LNS tools opened if any.
    -From control panel/Programs and features, sslsect "Lonmark Resource File 13.00" and click on UNINSTALL from the top menu
    -Then do the same thing for LNS Server 3.27
    -Using windows explorer, make sure that the folder c:\Lonworks is gone! if not delete it! (very important
    -then reboot your computer
    -Once rebooted, just re-install LNS server 3.27 by executing the installer which should still be in your C:\Distech Controls Download Folder

the LNS server installer should install the Lonmark Resource files version 13.00 on you pc.

Once all that is done, please give us a call back, and we will take it from there.

hope it helps

regards

Martin

-

Post Likes
    Oh i forgot to say you will have to re-install all the plugins, but since you have all the installer for them, it will be a piece of cake !

ttyl
    MT

Post Likes
    Sorry about missing your call. We have a new phone system in the office and I haven't set up voice mail.
    I will reinstall in the morning and give you guys a call with an update.

Thanks again for all your help (all of the tech support guys and gals) I really appreciate the way you guys jumped on it.

Much appreciated.

Post Likes
    my pleasure Wayne.

waill wait for your call tomorrow. have a nice evening

Martin

Post Likes
    Another example of why I like doing business with Distech! Only one question, when is your e-commerce site going to be up???!!! LOL!
    When it is said that BacNet is a better protocol than LonWorks, I die a little more inside.
    ~knottyjabe

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knottyjabe View Post
    Another example of why I like doing business with Distech! Only one question, when is your e-commerce site going to be up???!!! LOL!
    e-commerce site?

Post Likes
    Martin

Just got everything back up.
    do you want to give me a call and take a look?

Post Likes

Smile

so after re-installing LNS server (clean install) and uninstalling Lonwatcher and GFX, reinstalliing both, and then re-registering GFX and ECC-VAV plugins, everything was up and running. just wnated to post the results, in case anyone else experience same issue.

thanks

Martin

Post Likes
    Martinsbt

Can you shoot me an email? (in my profile)

I've got one more thing I need your help with.

Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in