Thread: HVAC - CALC HEAT GAIN/LOSS PROGRAM

Post Likes

Thumbs up

you know, Ive had crappy luck with heat gain/loss programs in the past and about decided to continue doing my sizing from the sidewalk but decided to buy "just one more" and picked up hvac calc. I was so sure it wouldn't work that I didn't try it for a couple of months so if it didn't perform, I would have already forgot what I paid for it. If any of you have ANY doubts, trust me, all the promises are not sales pitches, this program WORKS. and when i had problems don picked up on the first ring and stayed on the line till it was easy. And I am a comfusser (computer) idiot. the program asked all the right questions and I totally trusted the answer. it actually asks if the occupants are sitting, standing, moving around, working, or excersizing. it doesn't just say 200 btus per person. it knows what to ask and why. I can't recomend it enough. jack spotts. spotts bros. furnace co. since 1957
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes

Originally posted by spotts:
    you know, Ive had crappy luck with heat gain/loss programs in the past and about decided to continue doing my sizing from the sidewalk but decided to buy "just one more" and picked up hvac calc. I was so sure it wouldn't work that I didn't try it for a couple of months so if it didn't perform, I would have already forgot what I paid for it. If any of you have ANY doubts, trust me, all the promises are not sales pitches, this program WORKS. and when i had problems don picked up on the first ring and stayed on the line till it was easy. And I am a comfusser (computer) idiot. the program asked all the right questions and I totally trusted the answer. it actually asks if the occupants are sitting, standing, moving around, working, or excersizing. it doesn't just say 200 btus per person. it knows what to ask and why. I can't recomend it enough. jack spotts. spotts bros. furnace co. since 1957
    Hey, spotts may I suggest you invest in an inexpensive binder system like Ibco makes and bind your load calc into a nice portfolio with your estimates for your customers... You want to talk about customer response an acknowledgement! I'll never do another load calc with out providing my customers a nicely bound proposal including it!

Sure make them apples and oranges look differently to those writing the checks...

Here's a sample of my cover I use

------------------
    MDamron

Post Likes

Lightbulb

point taken! thanx for the advice all temp! thats a will use. you know all these little tools we get can be taken for face value and left at that, or a guy can take advantage and really be set apart in the customers eye. its easy to sit on your laurels and not be noticed. while were on the subject, any other sucess stories with this program?? mAD jACK

Just Visiting Guest

Question

We have Right J something at work and it is monsterous to even try to manage. Does this calc program have a demo or web site to downlaod from ? Thanks

Post Likes

quote:iginally posted by Just Visiting:
    We have Right J something at work and it is monsterous to even try to manage. Does this calc program have a demo or web site to downlaod from ? Thanks
    [i] HVAC Calc can be found at http://hvaccomputer.com/main.asp

Goodluck , come back and let every know what you think!

------------------
    MDamron

Post Likes

Yes, I've said it before but no harm repeating it, I bought these programs at the beginning of the summer and I am very happy with them. They are fast and accurate. I must say I don't have as much flair as our Hollywood AllTemp, but I do find the reports printed by HVAC-Calc have helped me close sales.

Hey AllTemp, what is that red, yellow, blue and black thing on a slant on your cover page? Is that your logo? Or did you leave some Smarties sitting on it and they melted in that hot California sun

Post Likes

Alltemp, I like that cover page. Does Don give his blessings to this? If so, I might add a little something to my sales presentation book. About HVAC-CALC, it's been a true blessing for me and the confidence level has really grown. I know it impresses the potential customers to see those well formated and calculated report. Don's The MAN! Take care, Randy Yates

Just Visiting Guest

Thumbs up

quote:Originally posted by AllTemp:
    Originally posted by Just Visiting:
    HVAC Calc can be found at http://hvaccomputer.com/main.asp

Goodluck , come back and let every know what you think!

Thank you AllTemp ! We downloaded the program this afternoon and installed it. We do some commercial and I noticed the demo includes the commercial application as well. The boss seemed skeptical until the install and a brief overview it sure look promising . Pretty quick download too ! Thanks again we'll give the program a work out and post back our opinion.

Just Visiting Guest

I spent the afternoon using the sample house that is preloaded in the program. Has anything been forgotten ? I breeezed through the software at record speed. My Boss had a couple of questions and you guys are right, technical support is a plus plus and actually answered the phone!

I especially like the information window that follows you through your inputs prompting you with helful suggestions. The design condition screen with all the areas already preset and changeable I liked too! The nice part was seeing with a stroke of a key what changing design temps really did !

I own several programs and have really become reluctant to even try new ones. HVAC-CALC looks like a solid company and program and I understand it was written by a HVAC contractor and it shows :-)

Try it! http://hvac-calc.com

BOTTOM LINE!
    " No HVAC company should be without this program !" Bartel Heating & Cooling

Post Likes

Got HVAC-Calc myself a month ago. Loved its ease of use, and yes Don does answer the phone when you call. Program is well worth the $$$$ BTW - I didn't see in the program where you select what the people are doing....just that you can select how many ppl in a certain room at peak load. If I am missing something here let me know. Course I have both residential & commercial progs. but have yet to use the commercial one. (Perhaps that's where the people are jogging on their treadmills, in office of course )

Post Likes

Thumbs up

my system

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in