Thread: Boiler/Thermostat Question

Post Likes
    I'm curious if there are specific thermostats for boilers or at least some that will work better with a boiler. We bought a house last year and replaced the boiler, when the heat comes on it either heats ten degrees past where I set it or will drop ten degrees past where it should be before it comes on, I know little...err nothing really about boilers so maybe this is just how they work, oh and if it matters it's a commercial size boiler (house is 4200 sq ft + basement) and has two zones...any suggestions or input would be appreciated...thankya!

Post Likes
    Most standard ones will work with boilers. Some have a special setting for boilers that will shut them off before reaching the set point, to prevent overheating of the space.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by csbenson
    ......err nothing really about boilers so maybe this is just how they work, oh and if it matters it's a commercial size boiler (house is 4200 sq ft + basement) and has two zones...any suggestions or input would be appreciated...thankya!
    A properly installed heating system will provide 100% comfort......something overshooting 10° on the thermostat will not provide. Your heating system is not working as intended, have a Tech look at it and fix it.

And by the way, 4200 sq. ft and ONLY 2 zones? That is a poor setup in my opinion. I can't amagine that comfort is possible with so few zones in a mammoth house. Maybe there is lots more zones you are not aware of.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in