Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver!!!

Amen!

I agree. We are in for a world of hurt and don't believe there is ANYTHING we can do but prepare. Prepare for the downhill road ahead.

Food, Water, exchangeables.

I like spam.
    Don't go away angry... Just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDo View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. It seems as though the dollar is failing quickly.
    Metals are the present safe investment... No?
    Why would one even consider gambling on stocks at the moment?

I think I've lost enough to date with the pro's managing my IRA.

What would be a promising investment at this point in time?

Metals, like all commodities, are inherently volatile. No one can predict when they will rise or fall with any accuracy. Don't think of commodities as safe.
    Warren Buffet said something like "I've never seen a stock market drop I didn't like." Good stocks are on sale and most know gold and silver will return to more normal. Gold was considered a hedge against inflation so the buying today is unusual.
    Metals are not about making money, they are used to park money. The same for saving accounts, Cd's etc. Stocks are used to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    We are talking about solder and money...LOL

We also have 48% of Americans that DO NOT PAY TAXES!! That leaves 52% OF US TO PAY OFF THAT DEBT. JJ
    Not true. They might not pay Fed income taxes but they do pay payroll taxes, 7.65% or 15.3% if self employed. They pay Fed highway taxes when buying gas not to mention State and local taxes, sales taxes, property taxes either if by owning a home or indirectly by renting. I probably missed a couple but as far as Fed income taxes they simply don't make enough money. I would rather make enough to qualify to pay Fed taxes than to qualify not paying.
    LBJ tried to create a Great Society and fight a war at the same time and it didn't work then either. I think the Dow was about 900 then.

Silver and copper do not go up or down for the same reasons as gold,they are more levered to industry.This makes silver harder to understand and therefore make money.

Amen!

I agree. We are in for a world of hurt and don't believe there is ANYTHING we can do but prepare. Prepare for the downhill road ahead.

Food, Water, exchangeables.

I like spam.
    Liquor.
    That is the ultimate thing to stockpile other than guns and ammo, and liquor, unlike guns and ammo, is something you can barter with.

Marketpriceis $40.20 Close today.

Does anyone have input on the silver market?
    It was over $50 an ounce a couple of months ago. It will probably do it again soon. I have a bunch of silver half dollars and quarters passed down to me from my dad. I think he is probably wondering why I haven't cashed them in yet. Silver was $5 an ounce when I got them!

I thought the idea was to buy low and sell high.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Quote Originally Posted by maintenanceguy View Post
    I thought the idea was to buy low and sell high.
    Yes sir, got silver at five dollars an ounce, It is over 40 now. It is more important to know when to sell than when to buy. You can use dollar cost averaging to buy and sell for that matter. Its not always easy to predict the dips and rips exactly. For example I bought gold at $285 an ounce. I sold 20% of it awhile back at 1,500 an ounce. OOPS! I guessed wrong, but I still have 80% to try to catch up on at 1900 an ounce. As long as the price of beer doesn't do this I will be ok.

Seriously, if they are not paying into the general fund they are not paying! Period.

It is probably also a double negative effect in that they are getting that piece of POOP Earned income tax credit!

They are probably also on federal housing. Payed for by us, the very wonderful tax payer!!

Free medical, education assistance, food stamps, need I go on?

Its tremendously nice of them to pay into the gas tax fund since it is our money that they are using to buy it anyway. And on top of that there is a great chance that your local state support agencies will give them gas cards to look for work when they don't have a drivers license or auto insurance for that matter. I know our state does.

State and local taxes are the only thing they can't get out of. There again, if they are on housing assistance, we are paying that!

It really pisses me off that people that don't make enough get to send their kids to college, should they have the desire, with a great deal of financial aid maybe even a full ride paid for by you and I! I on the other hand I make too much money so I am expected to pay about $30,000 and up per year at an in state university. How is that ok?

Hvacker,
    I believe you have your head in the sand about what is really going on in our economy. Ask any number of underemployed people out there how much of a ***** the economy is right now. And speaking of unemployed, there are probably in excess of double what our government reports actually out of work. They just can't collect any longer or are underemployed.

Maybe there are good stock deals out there right now, but my point was to be diversified and not "all in" the stock market. I am in the stock market as well but I am not doing it myself since like I said before, "They are not in the middle of the desert for nothing"!.

Read about the Fiat Dollar. It will make you cry. I can give you links.

[QUOTE=Super Tech JJ;11117552]Seriously, if they are not paying into the general fund they are not paying! Period.

It is probably also a double negative effect in that they are getting that piece of POOP Earned income tax credit!

They are probably also on federal housing. Payed for by us, the very wonderful tax payer!!

Free medical, education assistance, food stamps, need I go on?

Yes, please go on. Truth is most people on assistance are children. You make poverty sound like a cake walk. Most, with the possible exception of those on assistance for too long would rather be working because as anyone that's tried it knows Poverty Sucks.Its tremendously nice of them to pay into the gas tax fund since it is our money that they are using to buy it anyway. And on top of that there is a great chance that your local state support agencies will give them gas cards to look for work when they don't have a drivers license or auto insurance for that matter. I know our state does.

Most don't qualify for full tilt bennies and much funding will be drying up in these Tea banger times. The unemployed people didn't create the job problem they are the victims.

Hvacker,
    I believe you have your head in the sand about what is really going on in our economy. .

The only thing I have my head into is trying to understand how Americans will tolerate a government that won't govern, gets swindled by special interests, and wants to be a congressperson so they can stack their own deck. I understand what has motivated our economy for a long time. It's perverse greed. Take the money and run. I've felt for a very long time that when Americans allowed the moral decline of the last 40 years it eventually also be seen in every aspect of America. Our Government is in a moral decline and that's my understanding of our economy.
    And I'm no angel. (Gregg Allman)

Maybe there are good stock deals out there right now, but my point was to be diversified and not "all in" the stock market.

Of course. I just don't see buying metals this high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12