Lol, the supply houses around here have taken to selling it by the stick too.
I did price some 56% stuff a few weeks ago. Decided that I would just get it when I needed it instead of keeping some on the van.
It sucks (the prices) and the 5% crap really sucks (usability). I still have about 20 lbs of 60/40 and several more pounds of 95/5 locked away in a gun safe along with my oxy/acetylene cutting handle.
I paid about $53 for a pound of awful 5% junk about a month ago. My advice from several posts on this site is to use the highest silver content rod you can possibly afford ESPECIALLY on TXV's and brass distributors.
The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....
If you aren't buying silver as an investment yet I would recommend it highly. You can PM me if you want some information about buying. I have been buying myself for a long time. Wish I had started when I was first told and it was $5. an ounce!
As our dollar continues to go south as it will I am 100% sure, precious metals are going to continue to climb. It's all about debt and borrowing. The other major factor is that silver is used in all of our electronic gadgets that we love to use. The amount of available investment grade silver is on the decline as mines are not keeping up with the demand. The other factor is the American Eagle program. Congress made a law that stated that the American eagle coins can only be minted with American mined silver. Lots of people are grabbing silver as an investment right now too so the amount left is falling. Investment professionals are recommending that you have about 10-20% of your portfolio in precious metals. People that are not paid by wall street say more than 20%.
Nixon should have been jailed for removing gold from backing our $!! Look where it has gotten us....
This is like deja vu all over again. I know you older guys remember the gold boom the last time. Then the bust that followed and gold stayed in the
$300's for years. Most know metals is a hedge and when the markets improve people will dump the metals.
When gold stalls out there are no dividends paid. Many people live on that income. Your investment just sits there. I would think it's time to dump the metals and buy some of the bargains now showing up in stocks.
Even though this is panic buying many will do it. Some will make money but most will buy high and not make anything. Remember "Buy low ,sell high".
Hey, I'm just saying.
I went to buy some brazing supply today and bout fell over on the silver prices!
Is it time to buy silver or what!
Have you tried the Harris Dynaflow 5? I have heard good things from others that normally would not touch 5%. And it's about 1/4 the price if silphos 15.
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, 1766
As far as money goes with the investment topic, the last time this happened was I believe oil shortage driven. Back then we did not have a... wait for it..... 15 TRILLION DOLLAR national debt!! I can't even imagine that many zero's. I am not picking on you at all just answering your post. We also have 48% of Americans that DO NOT PAY TAXES!! That leaves 52% OF US TO PAY OFF THAT DEBT. If you believe what Wall Street is saying you are drinking the Koolaid. They want you to keep putting your money in of course. That is how they get their multi million dollar salaries. Vegas and Wall Street are "not in the middle of the desert for nothing". They are living off of a lot of people. Most of us common people are way uneducated in the investing world so it is easy to lure us in and take our money. Please understand I am not an expert in the investing world but many experts in the field are starting to think that we are heading in a spot in history that will be worse than the 1929 bump in the road. Look at the number of banks that are failing. Actual countries are failing. The national debt "all of ours" if you do the math is staggering. If it keeps going the same direction you will need something tangible to trade for food. That tangible thing may be fixing someones heat or a piece of silver or gold maybe. I am not a doomsday person we all need to wake up and stop spending on credit cards.