Post Likes

TRANE CVHG1067 oil tank pressure

Hi guys

I have 3 CVHG1067 Trane chillers were all oil tank pressures are running around -47KPAG and Evap pressures are -60 KPAG.

I was of the understanding that the oil tank pressure should be very close to Evap pressure.

Is the difference in pressures because of the liquid pump?

Is this a concern if so what could be the main cause of such difference in pressures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    They normally do run a bit closer. What head pressure are you running? A full log would help too.
    The older machines with the sump under the motor had to be the same if not lower than the evap.
    There are eductors that pull refrigerant into the sump to bring any oil back that may have gotten past the seals.
    There may be a leak at the refrigerant pump seal, but your oil level may change or temp may drop a bit. Is the oil level normal?

If everything seems good, I would say don't worry about it.... Would like to see a log, though.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    They normally do run a bit closer. What head pressure are you running? A full log would help too.
    The older machines with the sump under the motor had to be the same if not lower than the evap.
    There are eductors that pull refrigerant into the sump to bring any oil back that may have gotten past the seals.
    There may be a leak at the refrigerant pump seal, but your oil level may change or temp may drop a bit. Is the oil level normal?

If everything seems good, I would say don't worry about it.... Would like to see a log, though.
    Oil level is within acceptable limits top sight glass 1/4 to half full.

Transducer and thermistors are reading accurate.

No change in oil levels nor temperature whilst chiller running.

Unable to Attached logs for you as I have only 2 post on this forum and need 7 before I can send attachments IMG_1098.jpg

Post Likes

IMG_1098.jpgIMG_1097.jpg

Post Likes
    Everything looks good there. Small variations between machines but nothing odd. These have the sump below the condenser with the refrigerant pump correct?

Post Likes
    Everything looks good there. Small variations between machines but nothing odd. These have the sump below the condenser with the refrigerant pump correct?
    Yes that is correct

Post Likes
    I went through some of my logs on other chillers. They all go from same as evap to even a little more than you are reading, depending on load. None of them have or had any issues with oil. I would say you are fine.

Post Likes
    I thought as much but just wanted to be sure

Thanks for your assistance

Post Likes
    No problem!