Post Likes

Question Lennox SPL98UH135V60D-02 Furnace

I hope someone can give me a little advice. I am a 8+year HVAC/R service tech, have not applied for Pro statis yet on this forum.

The install crew installed this furnace with matching high seer HP condensor and high seer evap coil. I am the tech on call this weekend and got called today because the T-stat was blank and not doing anything. When I got to the customer I found the 3amp resetable circuit breaker on the low voltage circuit had tripped. I installed my amp clamp and ran the system through the operations the amps never got over 0.71, so it was below the 3 amp setting. I read the install manual and found there were two traces on the furnace control board that needed to be cut for the setup that is being used. I cut the traces and again checked operation, everything appears the be fine.

Do you think the traces on the control board not being cut caused the 3amp breaker to trip?

Post Likes
    Dont recall off hand which ones have to be cut but they could of back feed power tripping the board off. You would think as high tech as those things are that it would of just coded and stopped the unit so you could see it.
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

Post Likes
    those traces should only be cut if you have a 2 stage compressor, a heat pump, or a
    Harmony zoning or Signature stat for dehumidfication
    and has nothing to do with your problem get your pro membership and post this on the
    pro side

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replys, I have not heard back, so hopefully that was it. Just as soon as I hit the 15 post mark I'm going pro, there is some good information on that side.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wsykes View Post
    those traces should only be cut if you have a 2 stage compressor, a heat pump, or a
    Harmony zoning or Signature stat for dehumidfication
    and has nothing to do with your problem get your pro membership and post this on the
    pro side
    ditto