Obama 2012 incentive???

Has anyone heard that there will be a new Obama 2012 incentive for replacing old earth "unfriendly" units for more earth friendly units? Say 14 SEER and up???

I'm not talking about geothermal, that's why I posted here and not the other forum. Someone at my workplace mentioned this, so I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks.

Seems kind of silly since the minimum is 13 and the majority of units probably aren't installed correctly.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Sounds like another 'cash for clunkers' deal. Now, that really worked out well.

I guess you'll have to pump acid through the scrapped unit (can't have anyone reusing a workable unit.

Hopefully that monkey wont be around in 2012.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

if it was like "cash for clunkers" it would only affect units more than 15 years old and 10 SEER and below with maybe a further incentive to replace window units with mini-splits. That's actually where the real savings are. Going from a 8-10 SEER window unit to a 15-20+ SEER mini split while still retaining the ability to zone the system.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Hopefully that monkey wont be around in 2012.

How would that be... he's sort of locked in until Jan 2013 unless removed from office.

Besides, I get a little tired of how we give some much power to the president, that he doesn;t really have. CONGRESS passes the budget and writes laws, not the president. We treat the executive branch like it has unilateral power. But in reality it has a lot less but we allow it to have far, far more influence thna it was intended. The same is true at the state and local level.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    How would that be... he's sort of locked in until Jan 2013 unless removed from office.
    What are you, a hair splitter?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

All I know is that the federal energy tax credit has been extended thru 2011.

http://trane.com/Residential/Trane-O...Credit-Summary

Sign petition to limit Congressional and Senatorial terms. http://www.termlimits.org/

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."--Martin Luther King Jr.

Works for me..... my girl is almost 21!

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    if it was like "cash for clunkers" it would only affect units more than 15 years old and 10 SEER and below with maybe a further incentive to replace window units with mini-splits. That's actually where the real savings are. Going from a 8-10 SEER window unit to a 15-20+ SEER mini split while still retaining the ability to zone the system.