Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Chase what brand and model 3 ton was/is it, and what thermostat is being used, also what CFM is the blower set to.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Does it ever have to run continuous on design days?

If the neighbor cuts the tree down, plant another.
    Funny.

Sounds like they need to cut the tree down or install a 2 ton 2 stage.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

When you do a house in a wooded area. You ask the customer if they have any plans to cut back the wood line in the near future. But you don't wonder if a storm is going to bring any down.

My A/C would run a lot more if I lost my tree line.
    Contractor locator map

Chase what brand and model 3 ton was/is it, and what thermostat is being used, also what CFM is the blower set to.
    Amana 18 SEER heat pump set to nominal air flow with the Honeywell prestige Tstat with equipment interface module to control dehumidifier. The prestige can be set for longer 1st stage run time which we did.
    We changed out the evap coil immediately to the aluminum version in order to avoid the inevitable leak. Also changed the txv from the Parker to the emerson.
    Duct system is four zone with static pressure operated relief damper as the barometric relief damper did not seem to work adequately. The whole system is operated by the Honeywell remote control.

Does it ever have to run continuous on design days?

If the neighbor cuts the tree down, plant another.
    Never been there on a design day. That would be an informative study. That house was designed really well and I am thankful it all seems to have gone well.

Air flow too high. Slow it down. If they use set back on the stats, it will tend to allow for the humidity to rise.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Amana 18 SEER heat pump set to nominal air flow with the Honeywell prestige Tstat with equipment interface module to control dehumidifier. The prestige can be set for longer 1st stage run time which we did.
    We changed out the evap coil immediately to the aluminum version in order to avoid the inevitable leak. Also changed the txv from the Parker to the emerson.
    Duct system is four zone with static pressure operated relief damper as the barometric relief damper did not seem to work adequately. The whole system is operated by the Honeywell remote control.
    I have used that T-stat a few times this year... really nice unit!

Does anyone know when the internet module will be available... one of my customers wants to be able to check his home from his iphone when on vacation.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234