Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trane problem

Thought i would let you guys know that the liquid line was blocked almost completley shut about 10 inches from condenser. Running like a champ now.

Just wondering what was the blockage.

Dont know what it was black hard as hell crap.We were thinking compressor windings so we changed out compressor had about 4 inchs of liq line plugged. I felt like a jackass for not seeing the problem. On this unit it has a sensor right before the filter dryer wrapped with insulation when i was checking it out i seen filter freezing so i changed the filter if i would have removed the insulation i would have seen it was freezing about 3 inches before filter right were it was plugged other tech found it in about 30 minutes.

I had some of that stuff in a 2 ton Trane condensor once, don't know what the heck it is either. That was a couple years ago. Just replaced the condensor coil, kept the compressor. Still running after 2 years.

could it be that when they did the piping that theplugs in the copper were not removed and melted when being brazed?

dont know what it was but there was a good bit of it.

Your problem could have been easily solved by installing something other than Trane.

yea that building has about 60 units 55 are yorks 5 tranes the last two i worked on were trane . Fixed to leaks on the one in three weeks third time replaced condenser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12