+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trane problem

Post Likes

trane problem

looking for a little help. Im working on a 10 ton trane hot gas reheat morginizer. When the unit starts suction pressure drops so low it opens the lps and the unit shuts off with in 5 second pressure goes back up and unit fires back up it will do this until compressor gets so hot it opens the overload. The liqiud line filter was freezeing on the evap side up to the txv so i changed both thinking i had a restriction no change. Charge is right on with the name plate i was wondering with the added coil on this unit could name plate be wrong and im under charged. suction line is warm at compressor head pressure is about 180 psi all fans are working.

Post Likes
    sure
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Post Likes
    what kind of drier did you pull out? Spun copper kind?

Post Likes
    It was a parker filter dryer i think factory .

Post Likes
    southern mech what does that mean?

Post Likes
    I asked because a few years ago Trane used spun copper driers that liked to puke out the desicant beads into your system, plugging every orifice. If it was a steel body drier, you have a solid core so no worries there. Never seen a morganizer, what's that some kind of proportional hot gas reheat? Dehumidification?

Post Likes
    Morganizer is a customized unit, it may need charge tweeking, give her some gas watch your S/H and S/C, discharge temp, coil temp delta T and see what it does, weigh what you put in, as you put it in.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkman View Post
    I asked because a few years ago Trane used spun copper driers that liked to puke out the desicant beads into your system, plugging every orifice. If it was a steel body drier, you have a solid core so no worries there. Never seen a morganizer, what's that some kind of proportional hot gas reheat? Dehumidification?
    Morganizer is a '' customization'' company. they add ERV's, Hot water coils, Hot gas re-heat you name it. they take a Trane package unit add the element of an engineer's brainstorming and put it together, sometimes a tech's nightmare is the end result, of course isn't that what alway's happens when you put an engineer in the equasion/

Post Likes
    Yea its the first for me it has a another coil that sits under the unit in the supply duct that the discharge goes through before it goes to the condenser. It has louvers that open and close on the coil. I changed the dryer and txv i dont know if the beads could have got in the feeders on the other side off the txv.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brute1 View Post
    Yea its the first for me it has a another coil that sits under the unit in the supply duct that the discharge goes through before it goes to the condenser. It has louvers that open and close on the coil. I changed the dryer and txv i dont know if the beads could have got in the feeders on the other side off the txv.
    TXV inlet should have a screen.

Post Likes
    thanks for your help

Post Likes
    Do you have any Superheat or Subcooling readings? Discharge superheat would be nice to have also. What kind of compressor does this system have?
    RTFM!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Morganizer is a customized unit, it may need charge tweeking, give her some gas watch your S/H and S/C, discharge temp, coil temp delta T and see what it does, weigh what you put in, as you put it in.
    180 head pressure is low. I'd do as Southern Mech suggests and see what happens...
    Originally Posted by ladyfire3374:

"I used to wake up excited about the challenges of the day. Now the anticipation level is somewhere between a root canal and a colonoscopy."

Post Likes
    Thought i would let you guys know that the liquid line was blocked almost completley shut about 10 inches from condenser. Running like a champ now.

Post Likes
    Just wondering what was the blockage.

Post Likes
    Dont know what it was black hard as hell crap.We were thinking compressor windings so we changed out compressor had about 4 inchs of liq line plugged. I felt like a jackass for not seeing the problem. On this unit it has a sensor right before the filter dryer wrapped with insulation when i was checking it out i seen filter freezing so i changed the filter if i would have removed the insulation i would have seen it was freezing about 3 inches before filter right were it was plugged other tech found it in about 30 minutes.

Post Likes
    I had some of that stuff in a 2 ton Trane condensor once, don't know what the heck it is either. That was a couple years ago. Just replaced the condensor coil, kept the compressor. Still running after 2 years.

Post Likes
    could it be that when they did the piping that theplugs in the copper were not removed and melted when being brazed?

Post Likes
    dont know what it was but there was a good bit of it.

Post Likes
    Your problem could have been easily solved by installing something other than Trane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in