Can a 2-Stage Thermostat be used on a single stage furnace?

Hello,
    We are having a new single stage Furnace installed downstairs and we'd like to have them use the same Thermostat that we have upstairs on our 2-Stage furnace. It's a Honeywell FocusPro has a really HUGE display. My Dad is very old and already knows how to use it. I think it would save confusion for him if we could use the same Thermostat in both locations.

Can a 2-Stage Thermostat be used on a single stage furnace? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Absolutely!

Cool! Thanks BaldLoonie. Anything that makes it easier on my Dad is good with me. Appreciate the help.

There might be a single stage version of the same thing if you'd like to save a few bucks.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    There might be a single stage version of the same thing if you'd like to save a few bucks.
    I've looked high and low and I didn't see one. The model we have now is this one:

Honeywell FocusPRO 5000 TH5220D1029

how about

the TH5110?

Yes you can as previously stated. That's a Honeywell FocusPro 5000- no setback.
    It's pretty inexpensive & available in single stage. The installing contractor can furnish & install it.

I checked out the 5110 and it's almost the same but has a smaller screen. My Dad has poor eye sight so I think I'll stick with the original so they are exactly alike. I'll call Geo. Wilson and see if they can order me one. Thanks to all for the help.

The

TH5110D1022 has the large screen. The TH5110D1006 has the standard.