Goodman 10KW connection

Have a Goodman GPH1430H41 and had a 10kw HKR Heating Kit (HKR10-CB). My question is on the unit plug in there is only 3 wires, but on the plug coming from the heating coil there is 5 wires, is this OK.

The heating unit plug 5 wires are:
    Blue
    Purple
    White
    Black
    Red

The unit plug 3 wires to the heating cool are:
    Blue
    Brown
    White

Sorry did not note which wire plug into the other wire plug.

Thank you

Mark

Sounds like a DIY question. I don't think the kit you have is just a simple "plug & play " affair.

I think some heat strips have the option for multistaging of the elements with mulitple contactors on the air handler control board.

A quick google search may turn up a data sheet or installation guide with a wiring diagram. Another search will pull up a wiring diagram for your air handler.... although ti should ahve one inside the door panel.

Beyond that, I'd call a pro. Crossing wires on 24VAC is not good... you let out a little smoke. Crossing up 240VAC is downright scary. Lots of smoke, possible arc flashes and other really nasty things if the ground protection or circuit branch protection isn't adequate.

You are right this is a DIY question. I saw the "FOR EQUIPMENT OWNERS ONLY" and did not see the No DIY question. (Eyes not as good as they were.)

Modes please delete, sorry for the error on my part.