Thermostat - Trane suggestions

Thermostat - Trane suggestions

so i'm most likely getting a trane xr15 heat pump.

The Outdoor Unit Model # is 4TWR5048E1 and the Air Handler Unit Model # is 4TEE3F65B1

Is the quoted thermostat TCONT802 a good fit or is there something that will utilize the equipment better? i know the TCONT803 has the humidity control? but what are the benefits of a better thermostat?

thanks!

Vision Pro IAQ with the dehumidify on demand feature hooked up to the air handler.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Vision Pro IAQ with the dehumidify on demand feature hooked up to the air handler.
    X2,
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

if the installer can't give me that for some reason, is the TCONT803 the next best bet?

It's ok, I have that in my house, but I am getting ready to put in an IAQ stat.

there is no reason the installer shouldn't be able to provide you with the IAQ stat. none. if it werent in the bid tell him you'll give hime an extra dollar or to to offset his cost, literally.

reason, the 803 works dehum on a cooling droop, meaning set 75 hum to 45, it will cool the house 2 degrees below s/p trying to remove humidity.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Quote Originally Posted by wakko View Post
    so i'm most likely getting a trane xr15 heat pump.

The Outdoor Unit Model # is 4TWR5048E1 and the Air Handler Unit Model # is 4TEE3F65B1

Is the quoted thermostat TCONT802 a good fit or is there something that will utilize the equipment better? i know the TCONT803 has the humidity control? but what are the benefits of a better thermostat?

thanks!
    You might want to look at the 4TWR5049E1 model it will get you a better HSPF and why are they not using the new TAM7 air handler? The TAM7 air handler is much more tighly sealed and is IMO a better air handler. the 4TWR5049 might cost a slight bit more

4TWR5048 with 4TEE3F SEER 15, EER 12.5, HSPF 8.5
    4TWR5049 with TAM7 SEER 15.5, EER 12.5, HSPF 9.0

Either get a Honeywell IAQ like everyone is saying.

Or you can try a Pro1IAQ tstat model 955WH. This is wireless and has humidity control

http://www.pro1iaq.com/distributor/t...ts_t955wh.html

Also White Rogers 1F95-1291 which has humidity control

There is also the Honeywell Prestige HD but it is pretty expensive.

You may want to find these thermostats online and purchase them separate and let your hvac company install them.

thanks all.. would the 4TWR5048E and the tam7 work? also what is the difference between the 4TWR5048E and the 4TWR5049?

Quote Originally Posted by wakko View Post
    thanks all.. would the 4TWR5048E and the tam7 work? also what is the difference between the 4TWR5048E and the 4TWR5049?
    The 4TWR5049 is a higher efficiency(newly redesigned) XR15 model. Your contractor should be able to tell you if this is a better match for you but you really should get a TAM7 air handler they are so much better than a 4TEE3F both in efficiency and air quality. If your contractor can not explain this find a new contractor.