Thread: Ice machine

Hey i got a call tonight from a new customer. Ive never been there so I dont know for sure what the history of the Ice machine is. They say it's a ice-o-matic. I guess once is goes into harvest, some of the ice sticks and doesnt waanna fall. They have to manually chip it out. Before I go down there tomorrow I wanted to get some quick info maybe. I do Heating and Air conditioning, but now were getting into ice machines again. I'm sorry I can't give you anymore information than that. It's a R-404A. I more familiar with Scottsman Ice machines and flakers. But not to familiar with Ice-O-Matic. any helpful info would be appreciated.

Ice-O-Matic..........

Go here and start reading before you go out to look at this machine.

New customer, calling at night, chipping ice from the machine? ............maybe you'll be better off staying home tomorrow.

CHIPPING IT OUT?!?!? better hope that they didn't take the nickel plating off of the evap. if they did they are getting a new one. first thing is you probably need to clean it.
    do things right the first time is cheaper.

Hey, thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to read over the entire Ice-O-Matic manual you sent me. I think the hotel owner told me he out guages on the machine to check the charge too. I told him he was an idiot "In a nice way" and that it's a critical chaged system he was like..Oh, sorry. I just said, they it's you money, no prob. So I hope he didn't mix any R-22 in that system! Cuz he's a freak for checking the charge in his damn PTAC's. Man, this might suck today. Well I'll let ya'll know how pissed I get. Have a good and productive day.

i found a motor cam stripped alot on ice-o-matics it pushes the ice off the plate thru a little hole in the plate it seems like water pump runs the whole time this is going on goo luck on the icey

Go here -> http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=90077
    Could be the same problem.

there's a high temp sensor located near the txv bulb that goes bad. They cost about 17 bananas. to check it, just jump it out but don't leave the machine this way. Also, when in harvest, make sure there is no water coming out of the water distribution tube. If there is , the diaphram in the dump valve may need to be cleaned or replaced.
    Doug