+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cooling tower fan control

Post Likes

cooling tower fan control

Don't do much work on cooling towers but, my company just installed a Delta cooling tower without a fan control. What fan control do you guys use. Looking for 80 degree cut in and 75 cut out. No wells to install in tower water out piping so probe will have to be in the tower sump. Called Delta but did not recieve a response. TIA

Post Likes
    We use freq. drives to slow the fan, controlled by water out temp. Good luck with the Delta tower
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    We use freq. drives to slow the fan, controlled by water out temp. Good luck with the Delta tower
    Well that makes me feel better. Thanks

I understand freq drives are the way to go, obviously not an option. I get that you must have had bad experiences with Delta towers, I can't change out the tower. Sooooo, back to my original question. Do any of you have recommendations for a fan control thermostat that I can mount probe/bulb in tower sump and have the control itself most likely exposed to the elements?
    Last edited by monkeyman#1; 08-15-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Post Likes
    Use any one of the electronic temp controls (Ranco, Johnson, Emerson), you can mount it inside and run the sensor out. You can strap the sensor to the leaving tower line (steel or copper), but expect slower response.
    Nos operor non pensio volutabrum

Post Likes
    Honeywell makes a neat controller also with a nice backlit screen. And it may also be convertible just in case a tower is added down the road .

Post Likes
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the responses guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in