Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You might be interested in reading this article from the Globe and Mail Report on Business section on Mike and how he runs his business.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle1166896/

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ampulman View Post
    Yeh, like Alec Baldwin 'played a pilot' before.
    Yes and they didn't get that right either James Doolittle did not become a Brigadier General until after the Tokyo Raid. He was a Colonel during the time frame that they made the movie Pearl Harbor. Another Hollywood liberty with truth along with believing that fighter pilots inexperienced in bombers would be selected for the raid.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    Isn't it the truth? It makes you wanna go out and kick ass. He has a brand. If you watch his credits when the show was over. He has a clothing line as well. Yep, he's expensive and probably better than 50% of the builders and GC's anybody has worked with on here. But it's friggin' reality tv. He's got us talking about him, thereby generating more internet buzz and he's selling more expensive coveralls because of that. The dude that moved in the home was happy as hell. So he did his job.
    Just think what Dave Lennox could do.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

I would watch a Twilly reality HVAC show

I have gone onto his website and made some comments on other things not "Right" and never had a response.

guess he is "Right" and we are some of those who"... just don't know what we are doing..."
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

I would watch a HVAC-talk reality show, with Seaton as the "The situation" of the group.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I agree the guy is such a "Chest Banger" and gets off on finding things that really do not matter

Mike is usely right

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    Yeah mike is a blowhard sometimes. But he is a good guy and I like the show. He still makes mistakes but we all do. I got irritated when he put Teflon tape on threads for sink connectors. Saying it's better to have the extra sealing. Lol. Threads aren't sealing anything. Oh well. He tries. Lol

He is a carpenter at the end of the day.
    He's going behind people that do SORRY WORK he may not know everything but he's on top of most. I live in the southeast and a lot of the A/C work here stinks,the old saying pay me now or pay me later holds true around here. It cost a little more but the home owners are real happy,but cost around here is everything.

[QUOTE=Cool_Air;11105622]He's going behind people that do SORRY WORK he may not know everything but he's on top of most. I live in the southeast and a lot of the A/C work here stinks,the old saying pay me now or pay me later holds true around here. It cost a little more but the home owners are real happy,but cost around here is everything.[/QUOTE]

thats doesn't make any sense? Let me get this right, People in your market are very happy about paying for a repair twice?

Are these people just uneducated or truly stupid
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

It appears that it's Holmes Inspection now instead of Holmes on Homes, anyone know what's up?

What Mike is doing now is fixing houses that have problems, and have had a home inspector come through before the house was bought.

Mike first shows where the paid inspectors did not find the obvious problems the customers are calling him into fix.

After those problems are found taking down some drywall finds a lot more problems, usually with the foundation.

For the last few seasons, people would just apply to the producers saying they have a bad house and can Mike come fix it.

He is also franchising "Mike Holmes Inspections" offices in Canada to do inspections to his high standards. Time will tell if his franchises are as detail orientated as he is.
    Last edited by mbhydro; 08-22-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: proper franchise name

He's an expert on everything and everyone else (that did previous work on the house) is an idiot. When he's wrong he sure does it with conviction, makes people believe he knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    What Mike is doing now is fixing houses that have problems, and have had a home inspector come through before the house was bought.

Mike first shows where the paid inspectors did not find the obvious problems the customers are calling him into fix.

After those problems are found taking down some drywall finds a lot more problems, usually with the foundation.

For the last few seasons, people would just apply to the producers saying they have a bad house and can Mike come fix it.

He is also franchising "Mike Holmes Inspections" offices in Canada to do inspections to his high standards. Time will tell if his franchises are as detail orientated as he is.
    so basically he is trashing home inspectors???? Like that's a challenge
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast