Thread: RHEEM/ RUUD Spec

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

RHEEM/ RUUD Spec

My AC contractor told me he would quote a RUUD 4 ton unit; 13 SEER; R410A.

Proposal has what seems to be a RHEEM model. Should I care that they are different as I've heard they are exactly the same unit but with a different sticker on the box:

Condenser: 13AJN48A01
    Air Handler: RHSL-HM4821JA

Thanks for your help.

Post Likes
    They are exactly the same......

Palm Desert home, Bear Valley Springs home & Maui condo
    Post Likes
    The 13 AJN is the value line unit.
    Ask for a bid on a RANL unit for comparison.

Post Likes
    I agree, would prefer a RANL. I only quote the AJN if I know the cust doesn't care and pinches every penny.
    Twilly is my hero!

Post Likes
    Agree with the previous 2 posts - the RANL series is better built than the AJN series. But if both are installed correctly, I doubt you'll notice any difference. I have one of the old Rheem "cube" units that's original to the house (25 years old) and still going strong. The two RANL-equivalent condensers from the other floors are long gone!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sktn77a View Post
    Agree with the previous 2 posts - the RANL series is better built than the AJN series. But if both are installed correctly, I doubt you'll notice any difference. I have one of the old Rheem "cube" units that's original to the house (25 years old) and still going strong. The two RANL-equivalent condensers from the other floors are long gone!

Twilly says how is it built better?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    High & low pressure switches, something The Loonie thinks is important on 410 applications.

Then there's our distributor who is having stocking issues. Ordered 2 13AJN42s and got 2 RANL-043JEZs at the same price Lucky customers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    High & low pressure switches, something The Loonie thinks is important on 410 applications.

Then there's our distributor who is having stocking issues. Ordered 2 13AJN42s and got 2 RANL-043JEZs at the same price Lucky customers.

Twilly agrees they have additional features but the quality Twilly suspects is the same
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

ouch that hurt
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in