RHEEM/ RUUD Spec

My AC contractor told me he would quote a RUUD 4 ton unit; 13 SEER; R410A.

Proposal has what seems to be a RHEEM model. Should I care that they are different as I've heard they are exactly the same unit but with a different sticker on the box:

Condenser: 13AJN48A01
    Air Handler: RHSL-HM4821JA

Thanks for your help.

They are exactly the same......

The 13 AJN is the value line unit.
    Ask for a bid on a RANL unit for comparison.

I agree, would prefer a RANL. I only quote the AJN if I know the cust doesn't care and pinches every penny.
    Twilly is my hero!

Agree with the previous 2 posts - the RANL series is better built than the AJN series. But if both are installed correctly, I doubt you'll notice any difference. I have one of the old Rheem "cube" units that's original to the house (25 years old) and still going strong. The two RANL-equivalent condensers from the other floors are long gone!

Quote Originally Posted by sktn77a View Post
    Agree with the previous 2 posts - the RANL series is better built than the AJN series. But if both are installed correctly, I doubt you'll notice any difference. I have one of the old Rheem "cube" units that's original to the house (25 years old) and still going strong. The two RANL-equivalent condensers from the other floors are long gone!

Twilly says how is it built better?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

High & low pressure switches, something The Loonie thinks is important on 410 applications.

Then there's our distributor who is having stocking issues. Ordered 2 13AJN42s and got 2 RANL-043JEZs at the same price Lucky customers.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    High & low pressure switches, something The Loonie thinks is important on 410 applications.

Then there's our distributor who is having stocking issues. Ordered 2 13AJN42s and got 2 RANL-043JEZs at the same price Lucky customers.

Twilly agrees they have additional features but the quality Twilly suspects is the same
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

ouch that hurt
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.