Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27

    Wink yciv leak (funny) but difficult

    hi every body ,
    the welding man (solderer ) want to attach the lader at the body of the chiller but he was not found any body to guied him , he make a hole in the top of the chiller, so the condenser was punctured , now ? from which (good) place I can make welding and how can I open the top cover or what the best procedure to repair the pipe

    im attached the place of the hole
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    29
    The best procedure to repair, will be with your local JCI service center. From the YCIV's installation manual, I read that the YCIV's use the top rows of the condenser coil, to cool the VFD's glycol loop. If this glycol loop in the condenser coil piping was perforated, it would have leaked glycol, instead of R123 refrigerant. Which one leaked? Either way, get $10K, and call JCI. Good Luck!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcontrols View Post
    The best procedure to repair, will be with your local JCI service center. From the YCIV's installation manual, I read that the YCIV's use the top rows of the condenser coil, to cool the VFD's glycol loop. If this glycol loop in the condenser coil piping was perforated, it would have leaked glycol, instead of R123 refrigerant. Which one leaked? Either way, get $10K, and call JCI. Good Luck!
    123? I am taking a popular line from the site. "I will not say what I want to"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTASIM View Post
    hi every body ,
    the welding man (solderer ) want to attach the lader at the body of the chiller but he was not found any body to guied him , he make a hole in the top of the chiller, so the condenser was punctured , now ? from which (good) place I can make welding and how can I open the top cover or what the best procedure to repair the pipe

    im attached the place of the hole
    NOPE. not going to do it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the world.
    Posts
    1,595
    That is R134a no easy fix for that one due to location gotta watch what you screw into.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

    25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27

    how to ?

    Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    That is R134a no easy fix for that one due to location gotta watch what you screw into.
    MR YORK56 ,
    CAN I REMOVE THE TOP COVER OR MAKE A SLOT AT THE SIDE OF THE CONDENSER TO WELD THE PIPE ? WHATS THE EASY WAY
    PLEASE URGENT
    THANX ALOT

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27
    MR YORK56 ,
    CAN I REMOVE THE TOP COVER OR MAKE A SLOT AT THE SIDE OF THE CONDENSER TO WELD THE PIPE ? WHATS THE EASY WAY
    PLEASE URGENT
    THANX ALOT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the world.
    Posts
    1,595
    I would ID the exact tube thats leaking and I would cut out that row and pinch and braze at each end one row isn't going to hurt that chiller.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

    25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcontrols View Post
    The best procedure to repair, will be with your local JCI service center. From the YCIV's installation manual, I read that the YCIV's use the top rows of the condenser coil, to cool the VFD's glycol loop. If this glycol loop in the condenser coil piping was perforated, it would have leaked glycol, instead of R123 refrigerant. Which one leaked? Either way, get $10K, and call JCI. Good Luck!
    the top rows is the oil cooling and the lower rows is VSD cooling

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dixiana, AL
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTASIM View Post
    MR YORK56 ,
    CAN I REMOVE THE TOP COVER OR MAKE A SLOT AT THE SIDE OF THE CONDENSER TO WELD THE PIPE ? WHATS THE EASY WAY
    PLEASE URGENT
    THANX ALOT
    If you know exactly where the leak is but you can't look at the chiller and figure out how to get the panels off to get at the leak and fix it, then you need to get someone there that's familiar with this type equipment and let them do it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the world.
    Posts
    1,595
    Will most likely be easy to find look for the oil stain top section is the oil cooler for that circut.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

    25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27

    Smile leak ( the same answer)

    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    If you know exactly where the leak is but you can't look at the chiller and figure out how to get the panels off to get at the leak and fix it, then you need to get someone there that's familiar with this type equipment and let them do it.
    I KNW THAT ITS AN OIL LOOP BUT I AM ASK ABOUT THE PROCEDURE TO REPAIRE IT BY REMOVE THE TOP COVER ALTHOUGH ITS WELDED HARD OR MAKE ASLOT AT THE SIDE OF THE CONDENSER THATS MY QUESTION AND WHAT THE TYPE OF BRAZE CAN I USE

    THANX EVERYBODY

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Not in Iran
    Posts
    1,059
    TAKE UR CAPS LOCK OFF
    STOP YELLING AT US
    Attached Files Attached Files
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image