Blower not working on Bryant 310AAV

Blower not working on Bryant 310AAV

The home I bought has a Bryant 310AAV 024070 furnace. The thermostat has Auto/On options for Fan. My understanding is that when I set the Fan to On, the blower should run continuously. I downloaded the manual for this furnace and it suggests that the blower will indeed run continuously when the thermostat is set to On for Fan.

Problem is, it is not running when I set the Fan to On. To figure out if the blower is working, I bumped up the temperature (it is summer, so the furnace hasn't been in operation) to force it to turn on. It indeed turned on, the blower worked, so I know the system is working end to end (thermostat and furnace). I recall seeing the blower working continuously before (we recently moved into this home, so haven't paid much attention to the Furnace's Fan On operation), but am not sure. Anyway, the blower is not operating now although I set Fan to On in thermostat. How do I go about figuring out where the problem lies? The thermostat and the furnace are working well when used for heating.

I understand the blowers on some furnaces can be manually set to run continuously. I didn't see anything in the manual about this, so I am assuming this feature doesn't exist for this model. However, if you know that this model has this capability, appreciate learning how to manually set this.

PS : The manual says this model doesn't have the ability to vary blower speed (some other Bryant models have that capability), but there is nothing in the manual to suggest that there is no continuous blower operation capability. So I am assuming the functionality exists in the furnace.
    Last edited by rational2; 08-15-2011 at 03:34 AM.

Sorry, but there is no diy here....call a pro.. will take all of your assuming out of it

did you talk nicely to it? if it doesn't work yell at it and threaten w/ a sledge hammer. if still not work, go get the ph book and call an HVAC contractor to figure it out.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

An informed consumer is good both for the contractor and the consumer. It helps to understand the problem before seeking help from a professional. It is ok if you don't want to help, but it is not ok to hurl insults at consumers seeking information.

Sorry I asked. It is a shame you had to be so uncouth.

Btw, I found the problem. My thermostat's G terminal isn't connected to the G wire from the furnace.

perhaps you need to read the forum rules. the problem is simple. no fan. what more do you want?
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|