+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tomato Sandwiches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Tomato Sandwiches

Anyone ever eat tomato sandwiches ???

Just a big slice of a homegrown tomato on light bread with just a little mayo and some pepper ???

Post Likes
    Sometimes a little sugar or salt.....

Damn....

I might have to go have one.

Post Likes
    Ya gotta have the Mayo.......real Mayo.......

Hellman's or Kraft to be exact.......

Lite Mayo by anyone is a Communist conspricy.......don't even attempt to defend Lite mayo.......

The South as we know it wouldn't exist without Matter Samiches....

God Bless Matter Samiches.......

"Value our Differences"

Post Likes
    I like Miracle whip on them, myself....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I like Miracle whip on them, myself....
    Try spreading a little miracle whip on a piece of plain toast......

Post Likes
    I like mine on toasted white bread, on both sides please, and then after the bread is toasted, spread mayo (and yes, lite mayo is an abomination before the 23,187 dark gods) on one piece and sprinkle shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese and liberally apply bacon bits (real bacon, not fake stuff), then throw it back to melt, before adding tomato slices and salt and pepper. Lettuce is optional.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    I like mine on toasted white bread, on both sides please, and then after the bread is toasted, spread mayo (and yes, lite mayo is an abomination before the 23,187 dark gods) on one piece and sprinkle shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese and liberally apply bacon bits (real bacon, not fake stuff), then throw it back to melt, before adding tomato slices and salt and pepper. Lettuce is optional.
    Sounds tasty.

Post Likes
    There is just my wife and I at home so I only bought 4 tomato plants this year at Home Cheapo.

The package said that there would be red fruit in 50 days from planting. These plants are 5 1/2 ft. tall and loaded with tomatoes. They are called "Early Girl" tomatoes. They are the right size. One tomato is just big enough for one nice size sandwich. Every day I pick about 4-5 . Not bad for a Vermont garden.

Post Likes
    Just by chance I have 3 tomatoes from a customers garden,guess what I am going to make !

Post Likes
    toast
    spread some PB on it wile still warm
    top with big slice of tomato - sum salt
    I call it breakfast during tomato season.

Post Likes
    I can eat about 5 of them... Damn, now I have to go buy tomatoes...

Post Likes
    We live on mater samiches here in the summer. White bread, DUKES mayo, salt, pepper and a big ole glass of sweet tea. Next find a big oak tree and take a nap.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Anyone ever eat tomato sandwiches ???

Just a big slice of a homegrown tomato on light bread with just a little mayo and some pepper ???
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post

The Striped German is an heirloom that is rated as one of the best tasting tomatoes.

Nothing says summer like a fresh home grown tomato sandwiches. I like mine several ways. Simple toast, real mayo, lightly salted for me mostly. Sometimes with bacon & lettuce.

The "cook" will take stale french bread or old bread, cube them up & season them to make croutons to make a tomato sandwich salad. I like mine with a lot of Super Sweet 100 cherry & Yellow Pear tomatoes. Use whatever salad fixins you prefer but add the croutons at the last minute. I don't like soggy bread.

There's a reason they're called Super Sweet 100 & yes, they're really sweet & delicious.

Top left in the garden hod are the Striped German. Bottom left is another highly rated heirloom called Japanese Black Trifele. In the middle of the Super Sweet 100 & Yellow Pear is a Better Boy. The cucumber is a Sweet Success from our second planting as the first cucumbers are on their last legs.

Mild winters in LA allow us to grow vegetables year round. This is our first seedlings of broccoli & romanesco seen below.

... Romanesco broccoli was first documented in Italy (as broccolo romanesco) in the sixteenth century ... Romanesco broccoli has a milder flavor, more creamy and nutty, and less bitter, than conventional broccolli and cauliflower. ...

I need to clear some rows to get Super Sugar Snap peas, carrots & letuce in the ground before the nights get too cool.

Post Likes

Green with envy

Wow, that looks beyond scrumptious BIO.

"I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    yes, with bacon & lettuce ;-)

Post Likes
    For me it is: Toasted potatoe bread, Best Foods mayo and a dash of lemon pepper on the tomato adds a nice little zing... Yum!!!

Post Likes
    ditto jodybhvac

Post Likes
    HOMEGROWN TOMATOES, WHAT'D LIFE BE WITHOUT HOMEGROWN TOMATOES?

MY WIFE BOUGHT A "PANINI" SANDWICH GRILL, AND MAN, I AM ADDICTED. I REMEMBER DOWN IN KEY WEST, ALMOST EVERY CORNER WOULD HAVE A CUBAN SANDWICH SHOP , AND THEY HAD A SIMILAR HOT PRESS CONTRAPTION TO TOAST THE BREAD.
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post Likes
    Someone already mentioned this, but try mamators and peanut butter on toast.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in