Thread: Trane model E

Trane model E

I have a trane model e 8 cylinder ! year old [replacement] lost oil pressure . 15 psi on start up then drops off to almost nothing. going to do a visual inspection this week. Does anyone have a pdf for HCOM-SB-39a this would be greatly appreciated . Thanks!!!

Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Model "E" for enough

hvac 1966 - I think you find a leaking "O" ring on one of the cylinder actuators. There could be as many as 5 loading cylinders in that puppy and it requires oil pressure to load up. Compressor will start unloaded (either hydraulic or electrical ) makes no difference. I could be wrong by I think net oil should be 50 - 55#'s. Have fun It's been quite a while since I tore one down. _Geo
    Last edited by ga1279; 08-14-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: miss spelling in script
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Thanks you i appreciate the help!!!!!!!

There is a relief valve located on the pump end bearing housing. If this valve gets stuck open, you will have an immediate drop in oil pressure. If you pull out the bearing housing, it will be the valve held in place by a cotter pin. I have pulled out the pistons and liners that stay loaded, and the handhole cover opposite the unloader control, and hook an electric oil pump up to the oil pressure port, and look inside to see where all the oil is going. Good luck.
    Nos operor non pensio volutabrum