Thread: Citgo

Citgo, a subsidary of the state run oil business of Venezuala is going to offer "cheap" heating oil in Boston, then other regions for families in poverty soon. Anyone know how this will work; how families are chosen or qualified? We don't use oil here as heating source, just truck it out instead to area refineries for vehicle and jet fuel. I was just curious if there were any catches to this plan. Chavez is trying to mend ties with the US and this is part of the plan to help patch things up. Not debating politics, just curious how a foreign firm gets lists of indigent families with today's laws on personal privacy, etc.? Also, I had no idea Citgo was not a US firm- none of them in this part of the midwest.
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

1% rebateYEAH!

Is that it???? The news article on Fox.com never mentioned prices or any details, just that Citgo was the Venezulean company providing "cheap" heating fuel oil. There was a dollar amount mentioned, but it was a gross figure for the program rather than an average savings or other figure. What are those underpriviledged families going to do with all that extra money?? 1%, what a crock. You know, if someone is going to supposedly HELP, then they should HELP, not just make the news!
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

That 1% is about something else altogether (credit cards).

Getting back to the real subject, "Ramirez said the beneficiaries will see a price reduction of about 30%."

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=1738