Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coleman coil

Hybrid View

coleman coil

help?? Just installed new coleman 2 ton 410a a/c with horizontal coil with txv with a 60,000 btu 80 % heater in attic. Only half of coil getting cold. Can not get subcooling or a good split. I changed txv 2 times. Also replaced freon 3 times. no change???

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lioni hvac View Post
    help?? Just installed new coleman 2 ton 410a a/c with horizontal coil with txv with a 60,000 btu 80 % heater in attic. Only half of coil getting cold. Can not get subcooling or a good split. I changed txv 2 times. Also replaced freon 3 times. no change???
    curious, coming off the furnace, do you have a nice transition duct the longer the transition duct the better,so it spreads out the airflow so it catches the whole coil?

coil is on furnace

Confused

coil is on furnace
    yeah i got that, but the coil is horizontal, correct? which means its lying on its side, did the other coil have a a-coil or a horizontal coil. what was wrong with the old coil? was this a easy swap, or did you modify the duct coming off furnace! how much space is from the furnace top to the horizontal coil.1 ft. or is the coil jammed up against the furnace and did you just fill in the gaps with tape/metal, trying too get a mental picture here!

I did the same system last week it works fine.

Confused

I did the same system last week it works fine.
    ok maybe one of the pros has a suggestion, good luck!

case coil system laying on its side a coil

Hmm

case coil system laying on its side a coil
    how long have you been doing this type of work, do you have a co. or work for some one?

company 15 years first time this happen to me and my friends

Reuse lineset? Purge lineset? Evacuation to what micron level? Feed tubes freezing one side only? What is the superheat and subcool values? Airflow measured?

More information and maybe a few pics may help.
    Every problem gives us the opportunity to choose from several solutions: stupidity, ignorance, indifference, or brilliance. Which one will you choose?

Yes reuse lineset, yes purge linset, Evacuation good. I pulled blower motor wire and ran a/c All feed tubes froze. Subcooling 3, airflow good my spilt is 10

Are these

Yes reuse lineset, yes purge linset, Evacuation good. I pulled blower motor wire and ran a/c All feed tubes froze. Subcooling 3, airflow good my spilt is 10
    readings correct? You only have 3 degree subcool?

Are you saying you ran the ac with no blower? This would sure cause all your tubes to freeze.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast