Thread: york replacement

Post Likes

york replacement

I have a york 2 ton a/c and evaporator coil. My furnace is a diamond 80 with 2 burners. My house is roughly 1360sq feet. Install date is 1998. The system leaks about a pound every 2 years but all works perfect. The window sashes are leaking which I measured around 60 degrees farenheight at the sill when the od temp was in the low thirtys in winter. Ever since I bought the house I get very dry skin in the winter - and in the summer when it hits high 90's into 100's it doesnt keep up.

Looking for some suggestions on replacement. My last house had a heat pump which kept up in the cooling and I never had dry skin.

I have a honeywell touchscreen vision pro with humidity read out and last winter it hit 17% humidity.

Post Likes
    Air leakage from this house and ductwork is the difference between the two. (Not the type of heat.) Test the house with an energy audit, air seal and retest and the humidity level in your home will be much better. Saves on energy use too.

Learn a lot more at http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....t=stack+effect
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    NEVER STOP LEARNING.

Post Likes
    Yep, its not the system, its the home's leakage that is causing your troubles/woes.

Post Likes
    Yeah the house is a tract house and I know the windows are leaking because there is condensation in them. I have done hvac for 11 years but I only work on carrier. I don't really get to see any other equipment since 2005. I was wondering though if I did replace the system in the next year or 2 with something more efficient than my 10 seer, would you guys suggest anything . Carrier does have good technology. I went to the greenspeed class a month ago but the unit just to buy is like $. I might offer that as an option on energy efficient houses but for my house I rather not.
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-13-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: price

Post Likes
    DOE http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings...s/db/34122.pdf
    Page 7
    "Typical duct systems lose 25 to 40 percent of the heating or cooling energy put out by the central furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner. Homes with ducts in a protected area such as a basement may lose somewhat less than this, while some other types of systems (such as attic ducts in hot, humid climates) often lose more."

Windows and doors are seldom the biggest problems. I hope you read what ShopHound found out about his own home. See the link in Post 2.
    Mark Twain
    NEVER STOP LEARNING.

Post Likes

Confused

Duh.... Also depends on r value of ducts and air leaks... Trust me, I've been through the blown insulation. The real question was what other guysu recommend.

Post Likes
    I can tell you what most air conditioning contractors will recommend: Replace your heating and cooling system and maybe add a humidifier.

Why do they do that? As Abraham Maslow said in 1966, "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."
    Mark Twain
    NEVER STOP LEARNING.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hassan100 View Post
    what is the company of your product manufactured name then i send you some and you set or replace through this but be first what is the name of company product.
    What?
    Mark Twain
    NEVER STOP LEARNING.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hassan100 View Post
    what is the company of your product manufactured name then i send you some and you set or replace through this but be first what is the name of company product.
    ARE YOU A SPAMMER TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in