+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being the first vehicle at a red light...

Post Likes
    ....just makes everyone think you are a wuss!

I hate being the first person at a red light. Even if it was three other cars that went through the light ahead of me and traffic from the other direction had already entered the intersection, you know that everyone that passes by you thinks you wussed out and did not go through the light.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I hate being the first one there because they all try to run you over NO MATTER HOW FAST YOU GO. So I go so slow that they all get pi$$ed and pass me. I don't care. I drive like an old man. I just need to retrofit my car with weapons. I actually have this idea for a bucket of nails mounted up underneath, attached to a string, that I could pull...well you get the idea.

Senior Tech Guest
    This from a guy who just got ticketed five hundred and change for speeding...go ahead, run it....I dare ya!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq

I hate being the first person at a red light. Even if it was three other cars that went through the light ahead of me and traffic from the other direction had already entered the intersection, you know that everyone that passes by you thinks you wussed out and did not go through the light.
    Especially when you stop and a horse and buggy goes past you.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    i ve only ran 1 red light sorta but my only concern is if someone calls the office so and so says they saw you run a red light yesterday, clean out your van and turn in the key blah blah blah!!!! could happen so i alway stry to drive nice. if i get into an accident, it aint a gonna be my fault!!!

Post Likes
    dont you hate it when you are making a 90 degree right turn and they think you are too slow and lay it on the horn if they do that i just slow down some more hope if they hit me they have insurance i also stop at orange lights that pisses them off to no end

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Edmund Forsthe
    i also stop at orange lights that pisses them off to no end
    Did you just say "orange" lights?

Post Likes

If you are worried about what anyone else thinks, you are a wuss.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frozensolid

Oh thanks a lot! This is gonna cost me a dozen sessions in therapy!
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frozensolid

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree.

Post Likes

And here you wanted to run for the presidency. Man I tell you, we get disappointed everyday don’t we?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mr hvac41
    i ve only ran 1 red light sorta but my only concern is if someone calls the office so and so says they saw you run a red light yesterday, clean out your van and turn in the key blah blah blah!!!! could happen so i alway stry to drive nice. if i get into an accident, it aint a gonna be my fault!!!
    I was out driving a company vehicle once and someone called to complain about the maniac on the road. I really don't know what I was doing that got the call but maybe I cut someone off and didn't realize.

I was back at the office already when the call came in and they transfered the angry lady right to me. I never told her I was the driver, just assured her I would fire the guy immediately.

She kept backpeddling, didn't want anyone to loose thier job but I stood firm, "that guy is getting fired and thank you for your call. Have a nice day."
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Post Likes
    I love being the first one at a light. I dont have to wait for all of those slow bastards in front of me , that are talking on the phone, go when the light turns yellow

When I am not the first one at a light, I wait untill the right turn lane is open and then i will move to the front and when the light does change color I get the hole shot and go around everyone in line

except those new Diesel trucks, they can be hell out of the hole

Post Likes
    first at the light is for drag racing.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2
    I love being the first one at a light. I dont have to wait for all of those slow bastards in front of me , that are talking on the phone, go when the light turns yellow

When I am not the first one at a light, I wait untill the right turn lane is open and then i will move to the front and when the light does change color I get the hole shot and go around everyone in line

except those new Diesel trucks, they can be hell out of the hole
    So YOU are the idiot that I deal with at every stop light.

Post Likes
    I like being 1st. It just eliminates someone in front of me that has 1 of those thumping sterios in their car.

Post Likes
    I doubt anyone seeing you stopped first in line at a red light thinks you're a wuss. Rather, they're more likely happy you didn't blow a red light and plow into them...the same people who usually gun it right when their light turns green.

And why should I worry about someone seeing me sitting there first in line at a red light thinking I'm a wuss as they fly by me? I don't know that fleeting soul from Adam and even if I did, anyone who'd use that form of judgment to ascertain my masculinity is not someone I'd really want to bother being around.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes

Roboski

Are you still bitching about life in Hooterville??
    Did ya pay the ticket yet?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I love driving in Colorado Springs, 70 mph between the stop lights and you never if the guy in front of you is going to stop on yellow or not.

Ryan, you mentioned nails. I had a neighbor that lost a full box of roofing nails on a 4 lane highway several years ago. He had them on a flat bed trailer and they fell out the back. He stopped and tried picking them up while cars were flying by. I always wondered how many flat tires he caused.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by madeinusa

And here you wanted to run for the presidency. Man I tell you, we get disappointed everyday don’t we?
    I'm still running for the Presidency. This is just another feather in my cap for reasons to vote for me; I won't run a red light as long as there are vehicles already entering the intersection!"

What more compassion and fairness could you ask of a candidate?
    Training is important!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in