Thread: Carrier Infinity 96 programmable thermostat help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I recently purchased a house and it has a Carrier Infinity 96 furnace. I cant afford to purchase the infinity control thermostat, so I bought a honeywell 7 day thermostat. I am trying to install the thermostat by myself and have run into some problems. In the instructions for the honeywell it says if wires were hooked to W1, Y1, and W2 some system modification is required. Call your local heating and cooling contractor for assistance. I would call my local hvac guy but its the weekend, can anyone help?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Why not just use the old one??

Post Likes
    I would be happy with the old one but its a non programmable model. I want to be able to set up my temps and times so I dont need to turn down the heat when I leave and turn it back up when I get home. Also it will save me money on my utilities bill.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Sorry,I just meant for the weekend and then call a Pro to handle it.

Post Likes
    I will wait if I need to, I was just wondering if anyone knew what would need to be done. This is my first house and I really cant afford to pay an hvac pro to come to the house.

Post Likes

Confused Infinity

Hi I have furnace like this but also have the infinity control thermostat, you should able to connect up like the old was ,how many wires you have there? just read in manual of furnace they describe regualr tstat tehre.
    Good luck

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jwoyt415
    In the instructions for the honeywell it says if wires were hooked to W1, Y1, and W2 some system modification is required. Call your local heating and cooling contractor for assistance. I would call my local hvac guy but its the weekend, can anyone help?
    This is put in there for a reason.
    Keep messing with it and you’ll have no heat and an even larger bill.
    No professional here will even attempt to talk you through it. Quite while your ahead and call someone in the morning.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by pecmsg
    No professional here will even attempt to talk you through it. Quite while your ahead and call someone in the morning. [/B]
    Yup, thats right, no pro will help you thru it. this is only for pros to look and laugh at homeowners in trouble. Just ask "dummy".On a previous post he asked some simple questions about running out of oil , and got deleted by probably some ASSociate pro member.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by deejoe
    Originally posted by pecmsg
    No professional here will even attempt to talk you through it. Quite while your ahead and call someone in the morning.
    Yup, thats right, no pro will help you thru it. this is only for pros to look and laugh at homeowners in trouble. Just ask "dummy".On a previous post he asked some simple questions about running out of oil , and got deleted by probably some ASSociate pro member. [/B]
    Deejoe

This advise was not given to “Laugh” at homeowners but to save them more trouble. If just one simple mistake is made with the control wiring he could burn out the Transformer, Control Board, LV Wiring, and these are minor results.

This is not a D.I.Y. Site for good reason.

If you think you can talk him through it then do it. And when something really bad happens you can live with it.

As far as the dummy post, IMHO the associates made the correct call and pulled some very bad and dangerous advice from someone with no qualifications.

Mod01 Guest

Frown

Enough.

The site rules are what they are.

DJ: While in our house, please respect those rules. Please respect the judgement and discretion of the moderators. If there's a problem, please use the 'Report HVAC-Talk Abuse' link at the top of the page.

Thanks, Mod01.

Thread closed.

Post Likes
    No,

That is not enough, not yet

Deejoe,

Your attitude towards the Associates is despicable at the very least. It is people like you that make this site unprofessional not the guys that work their cans off behind the scenes keeping up with the rule breakers like you. Yes, that is what I said. Rule #7… don’t argue with the boss and #1… starting flame. Rule #13… Don’t be a PIA. It is also not the first time you post your best guess after a thread has been ruled DIY by a moderator. The rules are put here so we can have a professional site and they seem to be way over your learning curve.

I will not write you a little email asking you to stop. You will stop or you will not be here any more. You will not be able to post, which in my opinion is a good thing, until Thanksgiving. You will be on a day to day after that.

Be good or be gone, makes no difference to me.

Sorry everyone, thanks for your time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in