Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I am going nuts! did someone install a Trane "whole" unit? or just the compressor? or did they install now a "Goodman" unit or just the compressor?
    Yeah...sorry about creating such confusion. I'm not familiar with all the parts and their names.

The unit outside says it was manufactured by Goodman. Another sticker on the unit says "Powered by Copeland Scroll".

The Goodman unit has a Scroll compressor in it. The paperwork given to me by the installing technician says "installed 2.5 ton, r-22 condenser".

Needless to say, I need to bone-up on my HVAC terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnSlow View Post
    Yeah...sorry about creating such confusion. I'm not familiar with all the parts and their names.

The unit outside says it was manufactured by Goodman. Another sticker on the unit says "Powered by Copeland Scroll".

The Goodman unit has a Scroll compressor in it. The paperwork given to me by the installing technician says "installed 2.5 ton, r-22 condenser".

Needless to say, I need to bone-up on my HVAC terminology.

Ok, now were did Trane come into the picture?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Confused

Goodman don't make compressors, how did they do that?
    listen, its a h/o! maybe he got a copeland compressor that was made for goooodman, but was at the supply house, so the # came up goooooodmom!,
    goooodmon uses 45% of all the comppressors built by copeland in the usa! and my comment about what transpired with this chaange out, is based on reading between the lines!

are you trying understand this Bill LOL

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    Warranty length is NOT indicative of quality. For instance... menards can put "Lifetime Warranty" on their Tool Shop line of tools.

When you use the tool.... it breaks or malfunctions immediately...... Do you really want it replaced with another piece of junk just like it?????

P.S. I am not calling Trane cheap, I just used Tool Shop as an example.
    I agree with you. Warranty does not always mean quality. It can however imply corporate responsibility toward the consumer. In essence, a feel-good statement.

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    are you trying understand this Bill LOL
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

The technician works for a Trane authorized dealer and my initial discussion with him was about installing something by Trane.

I'm sure he probably went to their website and saw that they have a 10 year warranty on their new residential split systems as I don't think Trane even makes "dry charged" R-22 units. As his new condiesing unit only has a 5 year warranty

Could you please get us a model number and serial number, of the perpetrator.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnSlow View Post
    I agree with you. Warranty does not always mean quality. It can however imply corporate responsibility toward the consumer. In essence, a feel-good statement.
    You are correct... I will also say that there are many ways of interpreting a ten year warranty.... Full replacement??? Prorated down to nothing???

Smile

hey bill i looked at the original post, he must of had a guy who worked for a TRANE dealer, put a scrool compressor in his goooodmom unit!
    thank goodness for goodman!

Maybe this guy can figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    hey bill i looked at the original post, he must of had a guy who worked for a TRANE dealer, put a scrool compressor in his goooodmom unit!
    thank goodness for goodman!
    Exactly. See how easy that was?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast