Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Copeland Scroll vs. Trane compressor warranty

Hello everyone...

I'm new to this forum but definitely impressed with the knowledge sharing. Perhaps you can help me with my question.

My outdoor compressor unit recently died. The technician who installed the new one works for a Trane dealer and I was happy to see that Trane has (according to their website) a 10 year warranty on such a unit. Sounded like a win to me.

Only one issue in the installation: what was installed was a Copeland Scroll unit which, after some digging around, offers a significantly inferior warranty to Trane.

By the way: the Copeland Scroll was installed because I needed an R-22 unit to match the rest of my system and they apparently had nothing available by Trane. When the tech made the installation, I was not around to talk with him and get the lowdown on the differences between the two units.

So....given your experiences, is there a reason to be concerned about reliability of the Copeland Scroll?

Cap'n

copeland is THE scroll, probably the best compressor made today.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by CapnSlow View Post
    Hello everyone...

I'm new to this forum but definitely impressed with the knowledge sharing. Perhaps you can help me with my question.

My outdoor compressor unit recently died. The technician who installed the new one works for a Trane dealer and I was happy to see that Trane has (according to their website) a 10 year warranty on such a unit. Sounded like a win to me.

Only one issue in the installation: what was installed was a Copeland Scroll unit which, after some digging around, offers a significantly inferior warranty to Trane.

By the way: the Copeland Scroll was installed because I needed an R-22 unit to match the rest of my system and they apparently had nothing available by Trane. When the tech made the installation, I was not around to talk with him and get the lowdown on the differences between the two units.

So....given your experiences, is there a reason to be concerned about reliability of the Copeland Scroll?

Cap'n
    nope,imo

Did he install a new complete outdoor unit? or just the compressor? maybe it's to early and I am not hitting on all 8 yet.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Copeland scrolls are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Did he install a new complete outdoor unit? or just the compressor? maybe it's to early and I am not hitting on all 8 yet.
    Installed the compressor and new blower. The remaining parts of the unit inside the house were untouched.

Installed the compressor and new blower. The remaining parts of the unit inside the house were untouched.
    Copeland makes a compressor for Trane it's a rotolock compressor, my guess would be if they come in a Trane, there Trane approved, so it should be fine.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Any experiences with reliability in the field? I mean, the Copeland Scroll warranty is significantly shorter than the Trane.

And geez...i keep saying compressor when I should be saying condenser. I hope that doesn't screw up anyone's response.

the Copeland Scroll warranty is significantly shorter than the Trane.
    How do you figure that? every UAPM Ruud I sell has a 10 year on the Copeland Scroll.

Confused

Any experiences with reliability in the field? I mean, the Copeland Scroll warranty is significantly shorter than the Trane.

And geez...i keep saying compressor when I should be saying condenser. I hope that doesn't screw up anyone's response.
    MY TOYOTA yaris 4 dr sedan,HAS A 3 YEAR 36000 MILE WARRANTY

a hyundai accent has a 100,000 warranty, am i sorry i bought a toyota,NO

Quote Originally Posted by CapnSlow;11028492

And geez...i keep saying [I
    compressor[/I] when I should be saying condenser. I hope that doesn't screw up anyone's response.
    Thats what I asked, new outdoor unit? you said just the compressor was replaced in it, now I will need another cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    How do you figure that? every UAPM Ruud I sell has a 10 year on the Copeland Scroll.
    I dug around on the Copeland Scroll website and found the warranty info. It wasn't easy, their website is not the easiest to navigate.

Given your info, I could have missed something on their site...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post

MY TOYOTA yaris 4 dr sedan,HAS A 3 YEAR 36000 MILE WARRANTY

a hyundai accent has a 100,000 warranty, am i sorry i bought a toyota,NO
    Are you saying warranties are just pieces of paper? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast