+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier 19EB Control Panel

Post Likes

Carrier 19EB Control Panel

Anybody have any idea if We can replace 19EB old control Panel with some new
    Display type Panel.Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrig View Post
    Try a Pic2 conversion contact your local carrier office

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrig View Post
    I've seen just about any panel on any machine replaced by an "Upgrade" (?) panel by any manufacturer. Some look very professional, and some not so much. Check with your friendly local service company and see what they can do for you.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by referteacher View Post
    I've seen just about any panel on any machine replaced by an "Upgrade" (?) panel by any manufacturer. Some look very professional, and some not so much. Check with your friendly local service company and see what they can do for you.
    Local service company is not interested in this job,so I am trying if I can get some hint to do it myself.Thanks.

Post Likes
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    Retrofit it to "Carrier" 32XR is the best choice
    Can

Post Likes
    Carrier makes a conversion kit for the 32XR upgrade, but they will have to install it. Works very well, and it is the best choice. $$$$$

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by can View Post
    Retrofit it to "Carrier" 32XR is the best choice
    Where to get 32XR.

Post Likes
    Dear Coldrig,

Ask your local Carrier, if no reply, you can contact me!
    Can

Post Likes
    Have done a few does not have to be Carrier but still has to be a licensed contractor familiar with equipment. System works good. I would also upgrade starter to a new Y Delta. I do not trust solid state starters or VFD very little support when problems occur. That's what happens when all old engineers are pushed out the door you get some kid with an MIT degree but never held an amprobe

Post Likes
    it is very easy to upgarde the starter to the VFD. You can get more detail from the 19XR O&M. And add some of your own idea. I was retrofited 2 chillers.
    Can

Post Likes
    We have done one this year. Although it was not a 19EB, it was a 19EA with the original SM controls instead of 32MP like the EB's originally had. there is a 32XR control retrofit kit that does have everything you need to upgrade to the new controls platform. There would be three kits you need for the complete installation. There is an ISM panel kit that has the ISM pre-wired inside a panel that you just connect your existing starter wires to a terminal strip. There is another impeller displacement switch panel that also needs to be wired. Then the control/power panels. The kit can be put on any type of machine (except low pressure) with R-22/R-500/R-134a/R-12 with any type of starter. There were a few issues with the instructions as there were a couple jumpers missing in the instructions that I found that had to be added. The only recommendation I have is that if this chiller has not been converted to R-134a to check and verify that the software for the different refrigerants is available. After my kit shipped, I was notified that it was only good for R-134a. My chiller was R-12. Then the fun began dealing with Carrer CCS directly.( I worked for the local CCS office for almost 20 years and they don't like me much as I have left and started my own company). They had to reluctantly come and do a software download. If you have any questions about the whole experience let me know.

Post Likes
    I have several D's and E's on MCS control panels with no issues. Way cheaper than a Carrier conversion. You can get graphics or not, your choice!
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerhead View Post
    I have several D's and E's on MCS control panels with no issues. Way cheaper than a Carrier conversion. You can get graphics or not, your choice!
    What is MCS?
    Can

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerhead View Post
    Hi,do you have MCS CONFIG Software I need copy to open sample files.
    Thanks for any help.

Post Likes

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    These guys will build whatever you want. I would be willing to bet they can even adapt to the sensor that is buried in the compressor section. Therefore, you want have to take it apart & deal with that crazy vertical & horizontal gasket arrangement.
    All my leon freaked out!

Post Likes

Smile Just a bad a$$ control panel

What is MCS?
    Thats custom made for your chiller. Graphics are optional.

Look at abs post & follow the link. If you have any questions, go to my profile & you can shoot me an e-mail. Or, call me. But, the international charges might be a little costly.
    All my leon freaked out!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chiller mekanik View Post
    Thats custom made for your chiller. Graphics are optional.

Look at abs post & follow the link. If you have any questions, go to my profile & you can shoot me an e-mail. Or, call me. But, the international charges might be a little costly.
    Thank you for advise. If we are go for the MCS. It have any support in Hong Kong! We are still like to use the 32XR or standred PIC III control. Normally, we will only purchase the control, actuator and SMM module for chiller using PIC I control, or purchase
    the Power Box too if the chiller using the 32SM or 32MP control. And modify the control wiring by myself. It will save most of money.
    Can

Post Likes
    Thank you for advise. If we are go for the MCS. It have any support in Hong Kong! We are still like to use the 32XR or standred PIC III control. Normally, we will only purchase the control, actuator and SMM module for chiller using PIC I control, or purchase
    the Power Box too if the chiller using the 32SM or 32MP control. And modify the control wiring by myself. It will save most of money.
    Call James Mitchell at Micro Control Systems and ask him. They sell stuff all over the world including the middle east- US 239-694-0089
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in