Confused Input Frequency Fluctuation to a York chiller

i have YORK centrifugal water cooled chillers, Model# YK FD FD H45 CNE0,00 with Harmonic Filter and is VSD, Capacity 500TR each, Manufactured by York Europe. According to the manual the system is designed for Harmonic Filter input frequency 49-51 Hz (on 50Hz power supply line). Unfortunately i am facing frequency fluctuation problem most of the time between 47-48.8Hz in the commercial power supply line which inturn causes tripping off chillers. the problem is very serious. i want to change the design parameters of Harmonic Filetr Input Frequency range of the York Chillers. i want new range in between 47-51 Hz so as to avoid the shut down of chillers. Someone can help me in doing so and can guide me in this matter? Also plz cooperate me and tell me what will be the effects of new Range (47-51Hz) of Harmonic Input Frequency on other operational segments of chiller like VSD, ISN etc.

Thank You

Try removing the filter

Your question is to complicated for me but I have removed the filter from the circuit on past occasions with no adverse affects. Most often the chiller plant will have its own transformer supply feed and noise on the main line is not an issue. The filter was an option on the VFD here in the states. Maybe in your country it is not. Good luck, some one here will have a more detailed explanation for you.

Inhibit the filter operation, run the chiller, and see where the distortion % falls, then make your decision on what to do next. If the distortion is within acceptable limits, get the ticket signed and leave. If it's not, then you have to deal with the incoming power problems that are creating enough undesirable harmonics to cause your problem. I don't see this as a drive problem, and you can't make adjustments to the input frequency safety parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Inhibit the filter operation, run the chiller, and see where the distortion % falls, then make your decision on what to do next. If the distortion is within acceptable limits, get the ticket signed and leave. If it's not, then you have to deal with the incoming power problems that are creating enough undesirable harmonics to cause your problem. I don't see this as a drive problem, and you can't make adjustments to the input frequency safety parameters.
    its look fault some where coming through in comming sources , i am not sure this power coming may temporarly generator which will function like this way.

Say What. Generator? That could be a problem. The early YK's around 1996 or so would not handle running on a generator. There was an e prom or logic board up date that would solve the problem. Contact the factory.