Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingersoll AC View Post
    Really? You use Goodman as your second line...... I use them as my third. I don't think there is any cheaper units then goodman VSX line is there???
    Yep, Air Quest is a little cheaper.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Furnace.com

As most of you know, Furnace.com has a website that features customer reviews of Heat Pumps. There are 49 manufacturers/brands listed. I reviewed 15 different models. Coleman had the highest percentage of positive comments of any of the 15 models. Trane had the highest percentage of negative comments. I realize that Trane sells probably 20 time what Coleman sells, and someone that is unhappy is more likely to complain than someone that is happy. I also realize that on a forum there is no "fact check", so either response can be fake. I like the 10 year parts and labor at an additional cost, and "lifetime" warranty on the Copeland, two stage scroll compressor.

install over brand

Quote Originally Posted by crlamb View Post
    As most of you know, Furnace.com has a website that features customer reviews of Heat Pumps. There are 49 manufacturers/brands listed. I reviewed 15 different models. Coleman had the highest percentage of positive comments of any of the 15 models. Trane had the highest percentage of negative comments. I realize that Trane sells probably 20 time what Coleman sells, and someone that is unhappy is more likely to complain than someone that is happy. I also realize that on a forum there is no "fact check", so either response can be fake. I like the 10 year parts and labor at an additional cost, and "lifetime" warranty on the Copeland, two stage scroll compressor.
    CR -- 99.9% of us will tell you that the install is what matters when picking a system brand. Yes , there are differences in built, controls, service ability, PM friendly etc. but if you take the lowest price system and install it correctly it will last the full life expectancy and even longer with yearly maintanence.
    Good luck.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

The install

I have had three different companies in my home. The first walked through and then wrote down what he would install and the price. The second and third, walked through the home, looked at my blueprints, copied the room sizes, window and door placement, square footage and pointed out where supply and return ducts would be placed. Maybe the first one was just "smart", but #2 and #3 impressed me with their attention to detail. All three have good reports from BBB. The best thing that I have learned from this site is that the best unit in the world can become the worst in the world is the install is incorrect and vice versa. I am looking for a good unit and a great installer. I do not want to be one who goes to Furnace.com to submit a unsatisfactory review.

By the way, this forum has taught me more than I thought possible, but the most important is "The Install".

one of my brother's houses i put a arco-air 3 ton round/tin can looking unit along with a 3 ton weather king, rheems builder grade unit. both units have been running with no break downs for 9/10 years. when i swapped out his carrier units, all i did was change filter dryer,leak test with nitrogen,pull a good vacuum,charge units to super heat based on id dry bulb/wet bulb and out door temp. i musta got lucky! point being, a lot has to do with the installation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12