Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17

    Question Your opinion of York & Coleman

    Lots of professionals here and I am still trying to decide and have added two additional units to my "looking at" list.

    What is your opinion of Coleman Echelon HC8B 3 ton unit and York Affinity YZH 3 ton unit ? Both are Johnson Controls, as you likely already know.

    I have learned a lot here, and in conversations with the installer, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about.....BBB rating "A+"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    568

    Hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by crlamb View Post
    Lots of professionals here and I am still trying to decide and have added two additional units to my "looking at" list.

    What is your opinion of Coleman Echelon HC8B 3 ton unit and York Affinity YZH 3 ton unit ? Both are Johnson Controls, as you likely already know.

    I have learned a lot here, and in conversations with the installer, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about.....BBB rating "A+"
    i like fraser johnson!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Litchfield,Il
    Posts
    565
    I personally would pick YORK over COLEMAN.

    I would also pick another brand over both but thats just me.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    568

    Confused

    Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    I personally would pick YORK over COLEMAN.

    I would also pick another brand over both but thats just me.
    me , i like a quality, built unit, by, thank gooooodness for goodmon!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Litchfield,Il
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    me , i like a quality, built unit, by, thank gooooodness for goodmon!
    I like Goodman too. They have some flaws but overall I like them.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    568

    Confused

    Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    I like Goodman too. They have some flaws but overall I like them.
    i found that when they bought out amana, that co. really changed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Litchfield,Il
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    i found that when they bought out amana, that co. really changed.
    I hear alot of guys talk about how trashy the units were before the Amana era. I honestly havent had the privlage of working on any Goodmans before 2010.

    My area is saturated with Amana,Lennox,Trane,Bryant/Carrier. There are some Rheem & Ruuds out there. I really like the Rheems set up and look.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    568

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    I hear alot of guys talk about how trashy the units were before the Amana era. I honestly havent had the privlage of working on any Goodmans before 2010.

    My area is saturated with Amana,Lennox,Trane,Bryant/Carrier. There are some Rheem & Ruuds out there. I really like the Rheems set up and look.
    i like rheem, i switched over to amana distincions/which is goodman, because i deal with the CCM, if you don't know what
    CCM means, it's the CHEAP SKATE CHARLIE MARKET, ie, people on a budget!
    goodman used to make janitrol, back around 1990, i worked for a co. that used them on budget jobs, when 2 guys lifted the a/h it would bend in the middle, you had to be there. they've come a long way!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Litchfield,Il
    Posts
    565
    I offer 3 options to my customers.
    1- Rheem
    2- Goodman
    3- Air Quest

    It always matters what the customers budget is. I just hopped on board with Rheem. The only Rheem dealer in a 25 mi rad. retired a couple of years ago and sold all his equipment & tools. Hopefully I can bring the Rheem family back to this area.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    68,791
    Quote Originally Posted by crlamb View Post
    Lots of professionals here and I am still trying to decide and have added two additional units to my "looking at" list.

    What is your opinion of Coleman Echelon HC8B 3 ton unit and York Affinity YZH 3 ton unit ? Both are Johnson Controls, as you likely already know.

    I have learned a lot here, and in conversations with the installer, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about.....BBB rating "A+"

    Same unit, just different color and label. Nice equipment, good warranty.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  11. #11
    kenney t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Same unit, just different color and label. Nice equipment, good warranty.
    dito

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    I offer 3 options to my customers.
    1- Rheem
    2- Goodman
    3- Air Quest
    Really? You use Goodman as your second line...... I use them as my third. I don't think there is any cheaper units then goodman VSX line is there???
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago suburb
    Posts
    27
    Lots of jibber jabber - but unfortunately no direct answer to your question, with the exception of luskys response, with which I totally agree.

    If the contractor is someone in whom you have total confidence, and these are the two units that he is selling, I would go with York over Coleman.

    Remember contractor knowledge over brand - most important factor!


    Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event