Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Your opinion of York & Coleman

Lots of professionals here and I am still trying to decide and have added two additional units to my "looking at" list.

What is your opinion of Coleman Echelon HC8B 3 ton unit and York Affinity YZH 3 ton unit ? Both are Johnson Controls, as you likely already know.

I have learned a lot here, and in conversations with the installer, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about.....BBB rating "A+"

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by crlamb View Post
    Lots of professionals here and I am still trying to decide and have added two additional units to my "looking at" list.

What is your opinion of Coleman Echelon HC8B 3 ton unit and York Affinity YZH 3 ton unit ? Both are Johnson Controls, as you likely already know.

I have learned a lot here, and in conversations with the installer, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about.....BBB rating "A+"
    i like fraser johnson!

I personally would pick YORK over COLEMAN.

I would also pick another brand over both but thats just me.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    I personally would pick YORK over COLEMAN.

I would also pick another brand over both but thats just me.
    me , i like a quality, built unit, by, thank gooooodness for goodmon!

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    me , i like a quality, built unit, by, thank gooooodness for goodmon!
    I like Goodman too. They have some flaws but overall I like them.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Confused

I like Goodman too. They have some flaws but overall I like them.
    i found that when they bought out amana, that co. really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    i found that when they bought out amana, that co. really changed.
    I hear alot of guys talk about how trashy the units were before the Amana era. I honestly havent had the privlage of working on any Goodmans before 2010.

My area is saturated with Amana,Lennox,Trane,Bryant/Carrier. There are some Rheem & Ruuds out there. I really like the Rheems set up and look.

Smile

I hear alot of guys talk about how trashy the units were before the Amana era. I honestly havent had the privlage of working on any Goodmans before 2010.

My area is saturated with Amana,Lennox,Trane,Bryant/Carrier. There are some Rheem & Ruuds out there. I really like the Rheems set up and look.
    i like rheem, i switched over to amana distincions/which is goodman, because i deal with the CCM, if you don't know what
    CCM means, it's the CHEAP SKATE CHARLIE MARKET, ie, people on a budget!
    goodman used to make janitrol, back around 1990, i worked for a co. that used them on budget jobs, when 2 guys lifted the a/h it would bend in the middle, you had to be there. they've come a long way!

I offer 3 options to my customers.
    1- Rheem
    2- Goodman
    3- Air Quest

It always matters what the customers budget is. I just hopped on board with Rheem. The only Rheem dealer in a 25 mi rad. retired a couple of years ago and sold all his equipment & tools. Hopefully I can bring the Rheem family back to this area.

Quote Originally Posted by crlamb View Post

Same unit, just different color and label. Nice equipment, good warranty.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

kenney t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Same unit, just different color and label. Nice equipment, good warranty.
    dito

I offer 3 options to my customers.
    1- Rheem
    2- Goodman
    3- Air Quest
    Really? You use Goodman as your second line...... I use them as my third. I don't think there is any cheaper units then goodman VSX line is there???
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Lots of jibber jabber - but unfortunately no direct answer to your question, with the exception of luskys response, with which I totally agree.

If the contractor is someone in whom you have total confidence, and these are the two units that he is selling, I would go with York over Coleman.

Remember contractor knowledge over brand - most important factor!

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast