Would anyone please tell me if there is any majoy difference in the following two A coils from American Standard.
    I am having a 90 plus comfort R installed in my home.
    The contractor originaly listed a "TXC031S3HPC" but showed up with a "TXC036C4HPC".
    American Standards web sight shows one as a High efficiency universal heatpump/cooling. The one he is installing just says universal heatpump/cooling.
    The contractor says no major differences.
    Would like your opppinion on this.

Second question. He has brought over a White Rodgers model # 1F85-275, 80 series standard thermostat.
    Any oppinions on this item, good or bad.
    Also oppinions on best way to hook this up for maxumium comfort and efficiancy.
    Thanks

The S coils are non bleed TXV models, the most efficient Trane makes. The C coils are standard efficiency piston coils, used with 10 SEER equipment. There is a major difference, what outdoor unit are you getting?

The 1F85 is a good, reliable basic 2 stage stat.

It was suggested that I just go with the furnace for the winter and see if I need a heatpump or not.
    The heatpump that was suggested if needed was a "2A6H4030A100A American Standard Heritage 14 seer.
    Even if I don't go with the heatpump I will want an airconditioner that is of the same quality and efficintcy.
    By the way he already installed the A coil.
    Should I tell him to remove and replace it with the other one?
    Thanks again

I had a similar thing happen to me. I got the wrong coil with w/o a TXV as I had requested. A/S dealer said I could have a txv added or a new high efficiency coil with a built in txv. I chose the new coil with the TXV and a hard start kit[recommended for the new coil]. The old coil was removed and the new coil was installed at no extra charge and my seer rating went up from 12 to 13. Good luck.

The coils are the exact same coil with TXCO36 having piston and the TXCO31s with TXV..

Btu-TXCO31S3HPC-having 30,000 btu capacity
    Btu-TXCO36C4HPC-having 36,000 btu capacity

Both are 22 1/2x 17 1/2x 21 1/2 in size.
    If you change the coil go to TXCO36S3HPC /w/TXV

high efficiency equipment needs high eff. evap coils with txv's. need to go with the TXCO--S3HPC coil in 3 or 3.5 ton capacity. txcohpb is the standard coil.
    if it was me and the contractor is trying to sell me a high eff system with standard coil is a lost contractor. get another contractor.

What is TXV.

TVX

Can I just have this TVX thing added or do I need to have him pull the entire A coil back out?
    Thanks

TXV

Can I just have this TXV thing added or do I need to have him pull the entire A coil back out?
    Thanks

See my post. I am sure the Pros will confirm that it can be done.

According to A/S's pds the seer rating goes from 13.25 to 11.75, but you get a higher sensible capacity 22500- 23200 and hspf 8.2-8.3 rating with the nontxv coil with one less mechanical part to fail.

Not exactly sure I know what that all means.
    Could you break it to should I make him put the TXV A coil on or not, and or if there is a TXV kit that can be installed with out have to replace the A coil is this the way to go.