Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: too cold

Originally posted by mylife1060
    Any common problems I need to look for before calling pro?
    this was the problem. this not a DIY site. the only answer would be change your filter. we don't give DIY advice here. if the OP bothered to read the site rules they would know that.

if the OP is not smart enough to change thier filter or make sure the "tricky" switch is on, they need to call someone. it's not going to fix itself.

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

the one who violates the rules is you.

quote: At the same time, be polite and respectful in your answers. We welcome questions so please don't be critical of someone's question, or other member's answers.

quote: This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

The original question was general and not step by step instruction. HO will ask question in this forum when they have a problem, not just for the love interest in HVAC. There is nothing wrong with that.

i would like to apologize to the OP for my original light-hearted comments. as a peace offering i am going out to the home, as we speak, to take care of this chilly situation..gratis.

please note that most of the guys joking around here have a fairly high post count. for the newbies, regardless of what you think, this is how these types of questions get answered. usually right before somebody finally breaks down and has to take the energy to type "call a pro".

i'm on I-90 now. hang in there i'm coming. if the op would have taken the time to fill out their profile it would be easier to find the house.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by tostaos
    I bought a house in April, 1st time homeowner. Now its cold, heat pump will not heat. Emer heat will warm house. Any common problems I need to look for before calling pro?

tinner73
    Professional Member
    it's obviously the kanutin valve. call up a heating co. and tell them you'd like your kanutin valve replaced. or i can sell you one for $400.00 .

boy..... this is getting easy.

tinner73
    Professional Member
    well... no useful info was provided. no serial number or size not even the brand of the equipment. what did you expect?

do you give your car mechanic these kinds of clues? "my car makes a noise. it's brown. what should i do?"

please don't assume we're the dumb ones. you came here looking for help because YOU don't know what to do. my house is warm.

take the stick outta your ass. we were joking. have you ever joked around? jeesh.

p.s. i don't beat my wife (or kids) and i might have more education than you. unpack your sweaters.

That is a very unprofessional way to answer an absolute legit question. tinner73, please don't say anything, when you don't have anything good to say. For what do you need for the original question a brand, a serial or the size of the equipment?
    A better answer to this question would have been: Is your filter clean? How cold is it? Your heat pump will probably not run, when it is below 30. When both are negative, please call your HVAC contractor.
    There was no reason to provoke the HO, to lash out and make him assume that every HVAC pro lives in a trailer and will be on a Jerry Springer show.

Why the model numbers??Well there are brands that have a "reset button" and ones that don't.

Interesting that you now have an opinion on the correct questions to ask,I had a boss like that, once upon a time.

Why the model numbers??Well there are brands that have a "reset button" and ones that don't.

Interesting that you now have an opinion on the correct questions to ask,I had a boss like that, once upon a time. [/B][/QUOTE]

I just thought, a reset is getting tripped for a reason and that would be something a tech should check out. Remember, no step by step instructions and the questions, your right they can be different, they are just samples.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12