Can't connect laptop to LGR25

I've used the same laptop to connect to this same LGR25 previously, but now it won't communicate. I'm using an ethernet crossover cable. When I connect the cable, there are two lights that illuminate on the LGR... one labelled "100" and another labelled "LNK". The light in between those two is labelled "LAN", and it does not illuminate. My laptop says that I am connected to the LAN at 100Mbps, but when I ping the router, it does not communicate (times out).

I know that another tech has been trying to set up this LGR as a half-router in order to allow communication by modem. Could this be related to my present communications problem? How can I check? Another tech suggested that my ethernet cable must be ng.

Any suggestions as to how I can reestablish communication will be appreciated.

http://www.sphcontrols.com/pdf/LGR25.pdf

Is this the router you are working with? Did you set the LGR to the default IP address, and set your laptop within the same range?

The 100 light means it is talking at 100Mbps, the LNK light indicates that a powered ethernet connection is plugged in.

Once you address the router to the defualt address and put your laptop in an acceptable range, you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's the router. I got a phone call from a buddy who thought that even though everything might be addressed properly, that the router maybe is looking for the modem instead of the local connection. I need to come up with a USB-to-local host connector in order to see what the router is looking for.

You might need the USB-K or the APT to talk to it, but likely not.

On the module do you know what the IP address it was configured for? What did you configure your laptop for? Whats the position of the default IP address dip switch?
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

The router is addressed xxx.xxx.xxx.1 and the laptop is addressed xxx.xxx.xxx.2

I don't know what the dip switch positions are. What should they be (and which one is the default IP address switch)? LGR layout attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In your picture dip switch 2 marked on the module assigned or default. The manual above should describe how it works.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own