Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    to get the 10 year warranty you have to register on line w/in 60 days i think!
    WOW didn't know! The contractor didn't leave me any paperwork, any directions, or anything. I got the serial numbers myself. I'll do that immediately!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by wirelesstim View Post
    WOW didn't know! The contractor didn't leave me any paperwork, any directions, or anything. I got the serial numbers myself. I'll do that immediately!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU
    no problem, the bill is in the mail!!!!!!!!

why is it dripping water for 3 months? after one day some one shoould of checked it! where is the water coming from?
    contractor hasn't been out in month and half. the first month and a half, I had a service call about 6/7 times. each time the contractor attempted to fix the water and it would work for a day then water again. he says it's either drip pan is installed wrong, or is slanted wrong, or condensation drain line isn't level, or something keeps clogging the drain line, or evap coil keeps freezing up and drain line is too small to handle massive thawing, or.... each time it's always something different.

no problem, the bill is in the mail!!!!!!!!
    should've hired you instead of these clowns! they give small companies a bad name.

i was typing this, i just went to Goodman Warranty site again. Not only does my name not show up under the warranty, but the warranty end date says 2016. I just bought this system in may 2011. I purchased the system with a 10year warranty in mind, meaning the warranty date should say 2021, correct?
    I see you are in Maryland. I may know the contractor and may be able to arbitrate if you'd like. My email address is in my profile.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

• The air volume and noise can be reduced by chosing a lower fan speed.
    • The water is from humidity removed from the air. The water is supposed to go down the drain piping. (PICTURES of the drain piping would help.)
    • Was the installation permitted and inspected?
    • A complaint filed with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission is a good step now. http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/mhic/
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

Quote Originally Posted by lynn comstock View Post
    • The water is from humidity removed from the air. The water is supposed to go down the drain piping. (PICTURES of the drain piping would help.)
    • A complaint filed with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission is a good step now. http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/mhic/
    Having had to deal with MD's HVAC inspectors in the past, I would much rather see you resolve the issues with the contractor. Then again, I would accept nothing less then a 2.5 ton cooling system with a 45k Btu furnace with the air volume set for no more then 1,000 cfm of air for the cooling.

Direct the contractor to this site or have the contractor contact one of us via email in our profiles. There is a very good chance that the contractor can get you happy while learning a bit of an expensive lesson.

A 90k BTU furnace needs about 1300CFM for a 60F temp rise. So yes, you may have an issue if hte ductwork was originally designed for a 2.5 ton AC (1000CFM).

It can probably push nearly 1300 throguh the ductowkr, but it will be noisy with high static pressure.

You should have had a 2.5 ton outdoor unit installed with a 50k or 60k BTU furnace... or possibly even a 40-45k BTU furance since you went from a 80% furnace to a 95% unit.

the larger AC and furnace will make any temperature imbalances in the home worse, not better as many people would naturally believe.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    A 90k BTU furnace needs about 1300CFM for a 60F temp rise. So yes, you may have an issue if hte ductwork was originally designed for a 2.5 ton AC (1000CFM).

It can probably push nearly 1300 throguh the ductowkr, but it will be noisy with high static pressure.

You should have had a 2.5 ton outdoor unit installed with a 50k or 60k BTU furnace... or possibly even a 40-45k BTU furance since you went from a 80% furnace to a 95% unit.

the larger AC and furnace will make any temperature imbalances in the home worse, not better as many people would naturally believe.
    The new furnace is an 80% furnace.

Removed pricing... had a report that non * members were giving advice.

Conversation is not giving advice, step by step instructions are AOP * Rule limited as well as our DIY rules. Please watch how far you take conversation.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Removed pricing... had a report that non * members were giving advice.

Conversation is not giving advice, step by step instructions are AOP * Rule limited as well as our DIY rules. Please watch how far you take conversation.

thx

...sorry about that. I think quoted the price of my installation and i shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn comstock View Post
    when i get home today, i'll take better pictures. here are two videos from my camera phone that I took about a month ago. Things were half as bad then. I'll shoot some better shots this evening.

http://allwetgoodman.********.com/20...era-phone.html

Hmm

when i get home today, i'll take better pictures. here are two videos from my camera phone that I took about a month ago. Things were half as bad then. I'll shoot some better shots this evening.

http://allwetgoodman.********.com/20...era-phone.html
    just curious how many bids did you get on this R/R and was he the lowest? just wondering?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast