Carrier condenser info

Does anyone have website info where I can get data, such as sub-cooling, & superheat requirements and where to measure the temps on a Carrier 38-AH-104---601?

Post You may have to do some looking!

captian123-If you go into the educational forums (these are locked for pro's only) find the forum marked HVACR-Equipment, Components and Accessories. It has a visible drop menu, click on commercial HVAC and look through it for Carrier Commercial split system. You should be able to locate a 38AH044 through 38AH134 condensing units Installation, Start-Up, Maint. and Service Manual. It really doesn't specify any exact superheat requirement as these are designed for matching Carrier air handlers or built-up systems with multiple circuits. There is a charging chart for sub-cooling in this book and depending on the age of your machine you should have a charging chart decal on the inside of the control doors. If you have a Carrier air handler you can use the same site to locate your ahu and get your superheat from there. If this is a built up system (non-Carrier) then you have a lot of variables to contend with, such as piping arrangement equipment lay out, the number of refrigerant circuits. I have worked on 100 ton (which this is) built up systems with 8-10 steps of capacity, it gets real hairy adjusting 10 TXV's on the same coil. Does your unit have the optional suction line accumulator ? Is this equipped with electrical or suction pressure actuated unloaders. I hope I have helped you some what rather then confuse you more. They are going through and re-doing a lot of forums on HVAC-TALK so have some patience there are good people doing what they do best here. Good Luck captain123 and be safe out there.-Geo
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

see if this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    see if this helps
    Thanks, this was a great help.

commercial.carrier.com

they used to only have newer stuff there

not sure if they've changed

Quote Originally Posted by KatiHahnA View Post
    What is the most popular movie or shown on this winter? I think the walking dead is one of them, are you afraid of the walking dead? Maybe a little, but a lot of exciting. Right? A beautiful day!

-----------------------
    Chuck Season 4 DVD
    The Simpsons Seasons 1-22 DVD
    What is this post doing here?

spammer, apparently been dealt with.